Ac-21/H1-B/EAD

cooldude2k4

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Please answer this.

Can I transfer my H1 with a new company once my I-140 is approved and I-485 is pending for more than 180 days. At this point, if I inform USCIS that I'm using my AC-21, do I have to be working on EAD or I can continue on H1 with the new employer and use the AC-21. Does it pose any issue to my GC process. Please responsd.

Thank you.

If you plan to change employers using AC21, you don't HAVE to be working on an EAD (if you have one)...you can get your H1 transferred to the new employer - in fact, most people (including myself) recommend this to be a safer and logical option since it provides a backup in the event of a 485 denial. So I would say it is best to maintain H1 status until the 485 is finally adjudicated.

======================================
Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, just a smart alec ;)

Yuppie said:
If you plan to change employers using AC21, you don't HAVE to be working on an EAD (if you have one)...you can get your H1 transferred to the new employer - in fact, most people (including myself) recommend this to be a safer and logical option since it provides a backup in the event of a 485 denial. So I would say it is best to maintain H1 status until the 485 is finally adjudicated.

======================================
Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, just a smart alec ;)

Thanks for your reply.