AC-21 Case approved after RFE – ND – 9/17/2003

sunderGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

First Thanks for all valuable inputs from folks like Ginnu, hmd and many others.

My case was approved on 10th March 2005. There was a twist and churn in processing after I changed my job using AC-21 in July 2004.

My previous employer’s lawyer withdrew himself from the case and sent letter to INS. I had to hire my own lawyer and submit G-28.

I submitted AC-21 letter voluntarily after my new lawyer advised me to do so. In spite of that got RFE in Dec. 2004. Replied it and then kept waiting until last Friday.

The period just after changing job and employer was most stressful. Had to take risk and it was for the whole family. But Thank God, every thing went well and all my family’s GC is approved today.

Thanks once again to Rajiv and all Forum moderators, members for their guidance.

RFE Details

The RFE was for Employer verification.

Needed -
- Letter from Employer giving details about
Position, type of job, salary, whether it is long term etc.
- Last 4 months pay stubs
- W2 for last two years
- Federal Tax return for last two years

Thats it.
Just FYI

Per my new lawyer I had already sent AC-21 Letter with pay stubs for 2 months from my previous as well as current employer. Even after that got this RFE. God know how the VSC guys judge when to issue RFE. May be just random pick from the lot.

Any way. Got GC in March this year if not last year couple of months late.

Got the exact same RFE after I changed jobs in Oct 2004 using AC-21 (I-485 ND May 2003). Replied in Jan 2005 ... now after 2 months, my lawyer called up VSC today, and some officer informed that they have sent out another RFE. I don't understand what's going on? Is it about the new papers? Or if not, why didn't they ask for those papers first time itself? The concept of time, apparently, is not understood well within the walls of USCIS. Meanwhile, my LUD changed today but online status still says about the receival of the RFE response in Jan. I'm confused where the information about the 2nd RFE is correct at all. Anyone had similar experiences before? Thanks!