AC-21 Approved Today

dwl800

Registered Users (C)
I am very happy to say that mine and my wife's I-485 application was approved yesterday night. I got the emails at around 11:30 PM saying that "we ordered production of your new card".

This was a long journey for me. I changed jobs last year and did not file the AC-21 papers. My lawyer abandoned me last year before changing the jobs. We never received RFE and I had to call almost every day to USCIS for 15 days to get the RFE to myself. In the meantime, my wife had an emergency in India and she did not have an AP. I had to expedite her AP through a local congressman but was an hassle to deal with USCIS.

Finally, I removed the lawyer from the case and took it in my hands. Replied to the RFE myself.

Through these tough times, many of the members came forward to help me on Immigrationportal.com. We are very luck to have this portal. Especially the AP and EAD thread is wonderful.

All is well now and we got the approvals yesterday night. Finally free of the nightmares.

I thank you sincerely and wish you all the best.

Thanks,
dwl800
(will change the signature after I receive the physical card);)

CONGRATULATIONS! you deserve the freedom from this ordeal. I too have another pending case with 2003 PD.

Good luck and God Bless.

I am very happy to say that mine and my wife's I-485 application was approved yesterday night. I got the emails at around 11:30 PM saying that "we ordered production of your new card".

This was a long journey for me. I changed jobs last year and did not file the AC-21 papers. My lawyer abandoned me last year before changing the jobs. We never received RFE and I had to call almost every day to USCIS for 15 days to get the RFE to myself. In the meantime, my wife had an emergency in India and she did not have an AP. I had to expedite her AP through a local congressman but was an hassle to deal with USCIS.

Finally, I removed the lawyer from the case and took it in my hands. Replied to the RFE myself.

Through these tough times, many of the members came forward to help me on Immigrationportal.com. We are very luck to have this portal. Especially the AP and EAD thread is wonderful.

All is well now and we got the approvals yesterday night. Finally free of the nightmares.

Thanks,
dwl800

Congratulations. Is yours EB3 or EB2?

congrats dwl800

are you EB2 or EB3?

Thanks,
dwl800

Cograts on the newly achieved freedom

Why do you have to force an RFE on yourself?
Is it because u used AC21.

neo

neo

neo

Actually I did NOT force the RFE. USCIS sent me an RFE in May 2006. My lawyer had abandoned the case and was not responding my calls. So I had to call USCIS, to request them to send the RFE to my home address. In the meantime, I was having some problems at my job so I was looking for new job. So when I finally got the RFE, I replied to the RFE myself in June and then changed jobs in October, 2006. That was my brief version of story. Looks very simple but was a nightmare.

I am a little bit confused.

Is not the RFE sent to both the applicant and lawyer?

If you don't have a lawyer after AC-21, what will it happen to the RFE?

Actually I did NOT force the RFE. USCIS sent me an RFE in May 2006. My lawyer had abandoned the case and was not responding my calls. So I had to call USCIS, to request them to send the RFE to my home address. In the meantime, I was having some problems at my job so I was looking for new job. So when I finally got the RFE, I replied to the RFE myself in June and then changed jobs in October, 2006. That was my brief version of story. Looks very simple but was a nightmare.

That does not look very simple, looks like a nightmare.
however your hard work has been rewarded.

Enjoy man.

neo

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it.

I'm in the same situation. I changed job without sending any letter for AC21 and changing lawyer. Do they only send RFE to lawyer?

What should I do? Should I act now or wait until RFE?

Congrats dwl800, As you dont file AC21, how you are callin it as AC21 case..?

Congrats dwl800, As you dont file AC21, how you are callin it as AC21 case..?

Do anyone will shade light/Guess on how AC21 cases are apporoved? Are they treated separately, are they treated "Not simple" to adjudicate in current "spree" of fast processing of NSC?

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it.

I'm in the same situation. I changed job without sending any letter for AC21 and changing lawyer. Do they only send RFE to lawyer?

What should I do? Should I act now or wait until RFE?

As far as I know, they send the RFE to the Lawyer's address on G-28 form that you signed with your I-485 application. I would recommend you to talk to your lawyer and decide whether to send AC-21 papers. I personally researched a lot and did NOT send AC-21 papers and was going to wait until an RFE. Fortunately, I had not changed my job when I received the RFE. The RFE was quite normal in which they asked for my Employment Verification, Birth Certificate, Medicals etc etc and I was able to respond myself. Once I responded then I changed my jobs. I just changed my address with USCIS. I also applied for EAD and AP after I got the new job. So I guess, I was covered by AC-21.

Good luck to you but ask your lawyer before sending AC-21 papers.

Thanks,
dwl800