AC-140 tracking (Oct 2003 mailing)

KAT02

Registered Users (C)
Guys

Let us start tracking the status for AC140 applications in the month of October.

EB2
Priority Date: 9/2001
I140 approved: 10/2002
I824 receipt notice: 9/2003 (NSC)
AC140 package received by Mumbai: 10/2003. (Fedex status; no response from consulate).

KAT02.:rolleyes:

KAT02

Had you previously filed I-485 before deciding to go for AC-140?

If yes, then did INS automatically cancel your I485 once they received your I-824 or did they send you some kind of confirmation request?

I really want to give AC-140 a try, but at the same time I don't want to risk my AOS application. In case things don't go well at the consulate, I should still be able to get back on AP and continue to wait for AOS.

I485 to AC140

I had indicated Adjustment of Status (I485) on I140 application. I filed I824 to change that to CP. As of today, I only have the receipt notice fir I824 - approval takes ~ 1 year from what I have read on this forum. I submitted only the receipt notice and Mumbai gave me a case number yesterday.

The question about I485 will arise when BCIS starts processing my I824. Most people say that BCIS will ask at that time. But I have not seen anyone posting any experience regarding that. My decision to go for CP was based on the ever increasing delays at NSC for I485. NSC in stuck on Aug 2001 for about 1 year now. Chnaces are that the situation will only worsen.

Hope this helps.

KAT02

WaitinginQ,

I am also in same boat.
Still not sure whether they(USCIS) will cancel AOS once they receive I-824 OR
they will intimate us to withdraw one of them when they will handle our I-824 file (say after 7-8 months).

If second is true , I don't see any harm to give it a shot.

Re: I485 to AC140

Originally posted by KAT02
I had indicated Adjustment of Status (I485) on I140 application. I filed I824 to change that to CP. As of today, I only have the receipt notice fir I824 - approval takes ~ 1 year from what I have read on this forum. I submitted only the receipt notice and Mumbai gave me a case number yesterday.

The question about I485 will arise when BCIS starts processing my I824. Most people say that BCIS will ask at that time. But I have not seen anyone posting any experience regarding that. My decision to go for CP was based on the ever increasing delays at NSC for I485. NSC in stuck on Aug 2001 for about 1 year now. Chnaces are that the situation will only worsen.

Hope this helps.

KAT02

KAT02,

Any updates? I have sent my AC140 thru my attorney last month and have not heard anything from them. Any idea how long it takes for them to respond.

--harapatra

Case # from Mumbai

My AC140 application was received by Mumbai Consulate on Oct 20 and I got a case # on Oct 27. I was surprised by the quick response from the consulate. I was expecting 3-4 weeks time before getting the case #.

I have not received anything yet from the consulate so I right now I am simply waiting for information regarding P4 & the interview date.

KAT02.

I have applied for AC I140 at new Delhi consulate thru our lawer and the new delhi consulate received it on sep 29th. No response yet!!!

Any one in the same boat???