AC-140 to Bombay Consulate

Bombay2003

Registered Users (C)
I am going for AC140 to Bombay consulate.

Had to apply for I824 bcos the I140 approval was for AOS even though it was mentioned in the application for CP.

Applied for I824 - 06/23/2003
receipt received for I824 - 06/30/2003

Will be sending the certified application to Bomaby consulate 08/01/2003

If you are in the same boat ...please reply....

Also if you have any key points, things to remember, Caution advice I should be aware of, --- please let us know....

Thank you for your assistance in advance....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Bombay2003
I am going for AC140 to Bombay consulate.

Had to apply for I824 bcos the I140 approval was for AOS even though it was mentioned in the application for CP.

Applied for I824 - 06/23/2002

Will be sending the certified application to Bomaby consulate after I receive the I824 receipt.

If you are in the same boat ...please reply....

Also if you have any key points, things to remember, Caution advice I should be aware of, --- please let us know....

Thank you for your assistance in advance....

Can you tell me how did you justify the case for AC140 instead of waiting for the 824 approval?

thanks
--harapatra

Good question....

But I dont know how my attorney is going to justify. My guess is that bcos the I140 application did specify that I had opted for CP and it was INS mistake to approve it for AOS, My lawyer might try to use that to make a case.

He did mentioned that its a double edge sword bcos the consul can deny the case by saying its not a clean AOS and I should wait for the 824 approval and channel it thru NVC.

But its a chance worth taking....

If i get more info from my lawyer, I will keep you posted...

>Applied for I824 - 06/23/2002
>receipt received for I824 - 06/30/2003

Is this a typo or did it really take ONE YEAR to get the receipt.

Thanks

bombay2003:

check with user 'rohufish' since he is following AC I-140 process for bbay. I am sure he will be able to provide more insight..do's and don't kinda things!

Hi,
I opted for CP when I filed for my i-140. Now to save some time I sent my entire application mumbai consulate for Attorney certified processing. Soemone told me that I HAVE TO apply i-824 EVEN THOUGH I HAVE APPLIED FOR cp FROM THE VERY BEGINING. i WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS. Can anyone throw some light on this?
Will my case be rejected since i didn't send i-824 recpeit? I thought I-824 is used when u change from AOS TO CP.
Pl. advise! I am really tensed! If that's the case,can u tell me how to apply for I-824 by myself (not with a lawyer)?
Is there a possibility that i fax the i-824 receipt to mumbai and they accept the case?
I seem to be in big soup..
Please help!

If you check this site it clearly states that 824 needs to be filed but not by a certain date (http://imminfo.com/Knowledgebase/FAQs/ACI140.html).

You can very well file 824 now and once you get the 824 receipt, mail it to the consulate in reference to your earlier packet. Ideally it is recommended to include the 824 receipt when you apply for AC I-140.

Also you can file AC I-140 only after I-140 is approved. Is your I-140 approved?