AC 140 at Delhi

kidsdoc

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone done AC140 CP at Delhi consulate? If yes can u please share the experience and the documents recd what kind of hardship letter was used
Thanx

administrative processing

interviewed on 10th march in delhi embassy. My case is AC-140 based CP.

Officer took oath, asked expected questions.. and then gave my 221 (g) rejection letter + passports. In that letter it is written " Case is under Administrative Processing, Contact after 20 days". That was for my wife (derivative applicant). When i asked for reason, he told they need some name check for my wife. I guess, it is same name check we r talking abt in this thread.

Any more info? anybody has for delhi based CP.

ashish

I am sorry to hear about the delay in ur CP at Delhi My impression was at Delhi consulate people usually donot give any problems for CP cases.
Hopefully things will work out well for U
Ashish r u a Doctor by anychance from Delhi. One of my seniors name was also Ashish Jain
I wish u all the best

ac 140 , new delhi

Hi Ashish,
I am planning to go in for Ac140 at New Delhi can you please share your experience with me i.e the processes involved, the paper work needed, the kind of questions asked etc.

Would also request you to let me know wether we need we need one Police Clearence certificate or two i.e one from India and one from the Indian Consulate in the US.

thanks

Please help

Dear Friends:

I am from India, a permanent resident of Canada, resided and worked in Canada since 2000. I have traveled to the US several times.

My wife and I have our Green Card interview at MONTREAL consulate in April. I am a NIW, EB-2, self petitioned candidate with no job offer in the US. Since I am in Canada I have few questions:

1. Do I need an employment letter? (Canadian.)
2. Do I need Canadian TAX return papers? (Did not file US tax so far.)
3. Do I need affidavit of support for my wife? (She is not working at present.)
4. Do I need any other financial documents?

Thank you in advance for valuable help.

niwea:

Please do not post same questions in multiple threads. You are asking for unwanted attention and you may stand to lose since members may think that someone else in another thread will answer your questions where in reality your questions may remain unanswered.

Re: ac 140 , new delhi

Originally posted by mssj
Hi Ashish,
I am planning to go in for Ac140 at New Delhi can you please share your experience with me i.e the processes involved, the paper work needed, the kind of questions asked etc.

{Research the forum with some key word like 'AC-140' or
'New Delhi' to get tons of information regarding the process
and other details. }

Would also request you to let me know wether we need we need one Police Clearence certificate or two i.e one from India and one from the Indian Consulate in the US.

{While this information is also available here in the forum,
I will clarify.

If you and your dependents are current residents of US then
you need 1 PCC from the local Indian Consulate. This PCC
covers your stay in India from the time you attained the
age of 16 years.

You do not need a PCC from any US authorities for your stay
in US.

Children below the age of 16 years do not need PCC.

Keep in mind the current validity period of 6 months for the
PCC before you decide on when you apply for it. It will
normally take 40 days or so to get this from the consulate.
(look up the website(s) of Indian Consulates for specific
information) }

thanks

{my responses}

Raju

Regarding PCCs

In my case, my wife had passport made less than SIX months, so i didn't care abt her PCCs (both).

"BUT IN ANY CASE, YOU NEED LOCAL POLICE PCC " as quoted by immigration officer. you don't need PCC from RPO if passport is made less than 6 months old.

For my own case of PCC, he asked me for PCC from India embassy in USA then i told him, i didn't hav time to get those PCC as interview date was too near. that's why i got indian PCCs from local police and RPO. He seemed to be satisfied.

I really hav no idea wht triggered immigration officer to do extra admin processing.
1. lack my PCC issued from indian embassy in USA (they say it's same as PCC from india)?
2. Lack for local police PCC for my wife though she has passport recently made?
3. I showed them couple of loose marriage pics, were they expecting good big album?
4. My wife wore simple casual wearing of clothes, not too professional or too recently married stuff?

I had my W2s and employer's financial docs. but DC didn't ask for those, so i didn't give him these docs. Should I hav volunteered myself providing those docs?

ashish

Hi Ashish
I think u should be fine hopefully u will get the approval in coming week 2 come
All the best

Re: Regarding PCCs

Originally posted by Ashish Jain
In my case, my wife had passport made less than SIX months, so i didn't care abt her PCCs (both).

I really hav no idea wht triggered immigration officer to do extra admin processing.
1. lack my PCC issued from indian embassy in USA (they say it's same as PCC from india)?
2. Lack for local police PCC for my wife though she has passport recently made?
3. I showed them couple of loose marriage pics, were they expecting good big album?
4. My wife wore simple casual wearing of clothes, not too professional or too recently married stuff?

I had my W2s and employer's financial docs. but DC didn't ask for those, so i didn't give him these docs. Should I hav volunteered myself providing those docs?

ashish

ashish,

Don't punish yourself by thinking too deeply about these things.
It is not something you did or did not that would have triggered
this administrative check.

Most common reason is the name getting a 'hit' in one of the
background checks they make. This could be as innocent as
your wife or you having the same name or similar sounding name
as a person(s) with some record.

As suggested above you should see your case cleared in about
2 to 3 weeks.

Raju

GC approved

Guys,
My case is approved now. As before, my case went for admin processing. So I called after 20days and they told me come to embassy any day. I went to embassy next day and they just took my passport and in evening they gave me my passport back with packet IV.

Now there is new thing, I have come to USA. Wht's next now?
As I changed my address before I went to india for interview. As I know, they will mail my wife's SSN to my old address and pastics too.

Is there any way, to change my address now at INS. In DS230 forms also my OLD address was given.

If I file AR 11 form now, will it affect anything or I need to call them somewhere for my new address.

ashish

ashish jain:

Congratulations on getting the cp approval after the notorious admin check that you had to undergo.

What next?
Enter usa within 180 days of the cp approval date.

Address change:
When you enter usa, at POE inform the immigration of the address change and make sure he notes it down. Also file AR-11 once you have entered usa. Expect welcome letters in 4 weeks and physical gc in up to 6 months (average is 6-8 weeks). Apply for new SSN card or new SSN by going to SSA office in your city in usa for which you will need to go with your passport and i-551 stamp which will be placed in your passport @ POE.

address change AFTER poe

kd, actually i didn't mention my new address at POE. it was my ignorance.

wht i can do now? AR 11 or shud i call USCIS?

ashish

ashish jain:

* Best option is AR-11.

* Also check with local INS if they have the ability to update your address ( i doubt but worth the try).