AC-140 and I-824: CP Requirements at Mumbai

thank you guys v7 and bbhaskar

Because of valuable information from you guys I was able to send AC140 to Mumbai even though I have I-140 approved for CP. They accepted it. I was relieved from this agony from 2 months.

Thank you once again.

Not really; but it is more convenient

Bluegrass, I agree that CP is definitely a faster channel to get the GC. But it is taking almost 5 months for since the I-140 approval in my case. Had I applied for I-485 immediately after the I-140 approval, I would have got my GC after 6 months(at least crossed the 180 days restriction) I also heard that now a days they are sending EAD card within 3 months. So probably ppl can think of changing employers at least. Another advantage with I-485 is that I dont need to go for medicals and also need not travel to India with costly deals with my family!

I think you are wrong in medicals

You will have to go for Medicals even for 485. Might come around if you have to all Vaccines then for person $500. SO that is a costly affair.For CP in India you would spend peson max $50 for medical tests. Lot of difference.

Does New Delhi accept Attorney certified I-140

My I-824 has not reached NVC after 80 days. I would like to send AC I-140 to New delhi. Does New Delhi accept this. I know Mumbai does .
Please reply.
Monu

New Delhi AC-140

I think you are supposed to send the I-824 to INS and not to NVC. You will receive a fee receipt within a week which you should send to the appropriate embassy. You can check www.immihelp.com regarding AC-140 at New Delhi. I think they do accept AC-140; but I am not sure.

No Title

Hi Bhaskar,

From your previous posts I have seen the first hand experience you have on AC 140. I just discovered the term now and am not finding it clear enough. We have filed 140 with the CP option , so can we go for AC 140. What is the benefit in terms of saving time ? And what is the process, please share your experiences and it will be a great help.

And u r right..........Now that we have opted for CP - it seems to be taking the same amount of time as 485...... ..
thanks,
Priysha

Comments about AC-140

Hi,

AC140- is quicker compared to normal CP. It is used only for Mumbai and Delhi consulates. For normal CP, you have to go thr NVC which itself takes about 3 months to pass the case from INS to the appropriate consulate. For AC140, you have to just file an I-824 and send that fee receipt alongwith other documents to the consulate directly. This will really save your time as the consulate immediately accepts the case and will generate the case number.

In my case I was not aware of I-824 fee receipt, so it got delayed by 2 months! But It should be fast if you apply well in advance(immediately after I-140 approval) The whole process for AC-140 should not take more than 3 months if everything is done quickly. Otherwise it will be approximately same as I-485 which will give you a liberty to change the job after 6 months from the filing.

Hope this helps,

-- Bhaskar...

AC 140

Thanks for the info.... will get back to you for further help if required.

All the best for ur processing !
Priysha

My LC and I-140 are approved.

I had field 485 in Sept '03 along with EAD and AP. Hoping to get EAD an AP by next month.

My 6 years H1B expires in March 04.

How can I switch to CP.
What documents, forms and time frame am I looking at ?
Can I travel to India after March 03 for CP, with EAD and AP, as my H1B expire in Macrh 03.

Thanks billon for you replies.