About to mail forms please help me double check! Thank you!!!

Hello everyone! I finally mailed in our application forms the other day, April 10. As suggested, we mailed them Priority mail with tracking. I just tracked the package today and it said that the package has been received in Chicago. Is this the point where I just wait for what's next to come??? How soon do I get anything from them??? Is it a long time wait or no?
P.S.
This is a petition for my permanent residency from my US Citizen husband.

Oh, that's neat!

Yes, some people do get approved without an interview :) But this depends on luck basically, and of course your application has to submit enough evidences.

That's awesome, I didn't know that. Well, we didn't submit any proofs because I was just sooo sick of those application forms, they've been here at home since I was pregnant and now our baby's almost 5 months old and our older son is starting preschool! UGh!

I just submitted the forms plus the requirements, photos, payments, etc. so I know we won't get approved without an interview. We will just bring everything to our interview, our two kids and about 4,000 pictures. I'm not kidding, all of our pictures are digital and the software iPhoto counts all of the pictures and that's how much we have ;) crazy, huh?

So here's my timeline:
Out of status now married to US Citizen
I-485 and I-130 concurrently filed
April 10, 2007 Priority Mailed Package to Chicago Lockbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bella Blues,

Did you also submit I-765 (Appl. for Employment Auth.)and I-131 (Advance Parole)?
Also, just curious for my own knowledge, did you make color photocopies of the passports (all pages?) and birth certificates, or did you get "official copies" from Gov't agencies?
Thanks!

Hi Bella Blues,

Did you also submit I-765 (Appl. for Employment Auth.)and I-131 (Advance Parole)?
Also, just curious for my own knowledge, did you make color photocopies of the passports (all pages?) and birth certificates, or did you get "official copies" from Gov't agencies?
Thanks!

Hi there,

No, I didn't submit the Employment Authorization application or advance parole because I am not planning to travel anytime soon (need to save money first) and I am not planning on working yet because we have a 5 month old baby and I am a stay at home mom right now.

The passports -- I just made black and white copies and not all pages, just where there was information (picture/name/visa) and the copies of our birth certificates are just black and white photocopies of the originals.

I received the I-797C Notice of Action today! The I-130 was addressed to my husband and the I-485 was addressed to me.

My timeline:
04-10-07 mailed forms to Chicago lockbox
04-12-07 Received Date
04-18-07 Notice Date

It says Notice Type: Receipt Notice Amount Received $190.00
and the other one says: Amount Received $395.00 even though we made out two checks for that ($325 and $70 LOL)

Got another notice!

I got another notice today, the ASC Appointment Notice!

I never thought it would be this exciting, but it is! And this is just for the biometrics! OMG, I am soo happy, now that I know how it feels I am also happier and more excited for everyone who has been through this and have received their green cards!!!

My new timeline :)
04-12-07 Received Date
04-18-07 Notice Date
05-08-07 Biometrics Appointment :D
I'm suuuuuper happy!!!
Good luck to everyone here too!!!

Interview soon!!!

Hi everyone! Just an update and maybe somebody will learn from this, well, when we mailed our application forms on April 10 we did not submit any evidence so shortly after my Biometrics we received an RIE (Request for Initial Evidence) to send my husband's proof of income and they gave us 80 days to submit it, the letter also said to submit the notice along with the evidence...so okay, being a busy stay-at-home mom and my husband working looong hours, I took my time with putting it together. Finally when I wasn't busy I finally picked up our joint tax forms from our accountant and I copied each page and I also copied all of my husband's W2s (he works freelance so he works for many, many companies) and after all that, I couldn't find the notice (the RIE) so I just sent the copies without it. It took about 3 weeks after that for me to receive the appointment letter in the mail, so that's where we are right now.

My new timeline
04-12-07 Received Date
04-18-07 Notice Date
05-08-07 Biometrics Appointment
09-10-07 Interview Appointment (Finally!)

On the homefront, our older son is now four and a half and our baby is 8 months old. Wow, how time flies!!!