About to mail forms please help me double check! Thank you!!!

Bella Blues

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone!

My husband and I finally got the paperwork for my petition done and I just came here to double check everything with everyone here because you are all better than me regarding this!

My husband and I got married last September 2006. We have a son who was born in 2003 and I gave birth to our second baby boy last November 2006. So here is a list of what I'm sending tomorrow:

1. The medical exam results-sealed and unopened.
2. I-864 Affidavit of Support (my husband alone, no other co-signers)
3. I-485 plus $325
4. I-130 plus $190
5. Biometrics fee $70
6. G-325 Biographic info of my husband
7. G-325 My Biographic info
8. Our marriage license (copy)
9. Son #1 Birth Certificate (copy)
10. Son #2 Birth Certificate (copy)
11. My husband's Birth Certificate (copy)
12. My birth Certificate (copy)
13. My passport (copy)
14. My husband's passport (copy)
15. My I-94 (copy)
16. My tourist visa (copy)
17. My front view photos
18. My 3/4 front view photo
19. My husband's 3/4 front view photo
20. Tax forms for 3 years (copies)

That's what we've compiled so far, is there anything more we need to include or are they going to let us know if they need anything more??? Please let me know, thank you very much!!!

When I applied for AOS I also include (I don't have child):
- statements of joint bank accounts
- statement of joint credit card accounts
- notorized letter from parents-in-law stating that both of us live in their house
- copy of joint costco cards
- joint auto title
- joint auto insurance policy
- life insurance showing spouse as beneficiary
- joint tax return
- photos (marriage photos and some pics taken in daily life)

I believe you may need more joint evidences.

Hello everyone!

My husband and I finally got the paperwork for my petition done and I just came here to double check everything with everyone here because you are all better than me regarding this!

My husband and I got married last September 2006. We have a son who was born in 2003 and I gave birth to our second baby boy last November 2006. So here is a list of what I'm sending tomorrow:

1. The medical exam results-sealed and unopened.
3. I-485 plus $325
4. I-130 plus $190
5. Biometrics fee $70
8. Our marriage license (copy)
9. Son #1 Birth Certificate (copy)
10. Son #2 Birth Certificate (copy)
11. My husband's Birth Certificate (copy)
12. My birth Certificate (copy)
13. My passport (copy)
14. My husband's passport (copy)
15. My I-94 (copy)
16. My tourist visa (copy)
17. My front view photos

That's what we've compiled so far, is there anything more we need to include or are they going to let us know if they need anything more??? Please let me know, thank you very much!!!

you should have...

1. 3 year Transcript from IRS.
2. Employment Letter
3. W2s

these are what they requested from me.

PrincessKate and Jutarath,

Thank you for your responses. Kate, I thought we were supposed to bring those things when we go in for our interview. So we can send in evidence photos now? We'll add some then, how much do they need? We have wedding/reception photos, we also have a lot more of when we were just living together, like vacations with his family, etc.

How do we mail this package? I'm thinking USPS Priority Mail. Is there a better way? Do we need to mail it registered mail or something???

Thank you very very much!

This should include W-2s, 1099s, and last paystubs / or a letter from the employer.
3. I-485 plus $325
5. Biometrics fee $70
You should write one check for $395.00, and attach with I-485.
It's G-325A, not G-325.
The requirements for photos have changed (the instructions are old). There are NO 3/4 view photos required anymore. It should be passport-style photos for any form that requires photos.

Thank you for your responses. Kate, I thought we were supposed to bring those things when we go in for our interview. So we can send in evidence photos now? We'll add some then, how much do they need? We have wedding/reception photos, we also have a lot more of when we were just living together, like vacations with his family, etc.
There is no need to send them now. You should take them to the interview.
How do we mail this package? I'm thinking USPS Priority Mail. Is there a better way? Do we need to mail it registered mail or something???
Priority mail is fine. Just get a tracking number with it.

My husband is at work now (I'm a stay-at-home mom) I guess I can't mail this package today, I'll need him to get a front-view pic! Darn instructions!!! Thank you for the help, I'll get the tracking number when I mail it. We have those W-2s/1099s, we'll include them. My husband works freelance, he's got way too many employers, he only works for them for 1 week or 2 weeks at a time, he's a freelance production manager for Music Videos and Commercials. We can include paystubs (from different productioncompanies) but probably not an employer letter. Oh, yes, the forms are G-325A.

By the way, they said to pencil in our names on the photos and it was really hard to do this! The pencil just will not work on the back of the pictures. Are they going to return them because our names are very blurry on the back?!? We couldn't write our names more clearly, we're going to poke a hole on those pics if we write any harder.

By the way, they said to pencil in our names on the photos and it was really hard to do this! The pencil just will not work on the back of the pictures. Are they going to return them because our names are very blurry on the back?!? We couldn't write our names more clearly, we're going to poke a hole on those pics if we write any harder.
You're right! I can never write on those glossy pictures with a pencil. I just use a pen, which doesn't need to be pressed hard.

You're right! I can never write on those glossy pictures with a pencil. I just use a pen, which doesn't need to be pressed hard.

Hi Anahit,

So it's okay to use a pen even if they say lightly pencil the name on the back? Just curious because I thought they were really anal about following their instructions!

Another question, my husband and I have misplaced our lease agreements but we have the most current one because we had just signed it only last week so it's still sitting on top of our dresser. We have turned our whole house upside down looking for it but it just won't show up! We can get photocopies from our landlord but not asap since he lives in Perris, CA (we're in L.A.) he only comes here to collect rent from us and our neighbors in this duplex house. Can I just bring that in at the interview? Should I write a note that we have it and will bring it or just don't mention it at all? Right now all we have are bills that show us living here since Ferbruary 2005. We don't have joint bank accounts, we've always had separate accounts and didn't want to open one just because he's petitioning me. He pays for everything since I'm a stay-at-home mom, but we have our cell phones together and auto insurance together.

just use a felt pen...

...there's various other reasons that you can get refused other than not using a sharp pencil :)

Hi Anahit,

So it's okay to use a pen even if they say lightly pencil the name on the back? Just curious because I thought they were really anal about following their instructions!
Yes, it's better to use a pen than damage the picture with a pencil.
Another question, my husband and I have misplaced our lease agreements but we have the most current one because we had just signed it only last week so it's still sitting on top of our dresser. We have turned our whole house upside down looking for it but it just won't show up! We can get photocopies from our landlord but not asap since he lives in Perris, CA (we're in L.A.) he only comes here to collect rent from us and our neighbors in this duplex house. Can I just bring that in at the interview? Should I write a note that we have it and will bring it or just don't mention it at all? Right now all we have are bills that show us living here since Ferbruary 2005. We don't have joint bank accounts, we've always had separate accounts and didn't want to open one just because he's petitioning me. He pays for everything since I'm a stay-at-home mom, but we have our cell phones together and auto insurance together.
You have 2 kids together... I wouldn't worry... Jast take everything you have to the interview.
Good luck!

Yes, it's better to use a pen than damage the picture with a pencil.

You have 2 kids together... I wouldn't worry... Jast take everything you have to the interview.
Good luck!

Oh, okay. Thank you. That's what my friend said who went through the same thing. She's Filipino, US born and had to petition her Canadian husband. They have one son and she said their interview didn't even last long and she thinks its because they already had their baby when they were called in for the interview.

Thank you very very much!

Hmm when I applied for AOS, I submitted like 6 pics... not too many. If you have more, submit more:)

Priority mail + delivery confirmation is good enough.

Hmm when I applied for AOS, I submitted like 6 pics... not too many. If you have more, submit more:)

Priority mail + delivery confirmation is good enough.

What is an RFE? Can people really get approved without an interview? I think we may qualify for that, I just need to compile everything then. I thought we can only show evidence during the interview but if we can show proof now with the application forms we'll do it.

I brought pretty pictures to AOS interview, and USCIS still used the ugly picture from the last fingerprinting on my GC.

325 or 325-A

Filing I-130 - do I need to fill 325 or 325-A.
What about the same with I-485?

Thanks.

What is an RFE? Can people really get approved without an interview? I think we may qualify for that, I just need to compile everything then. I thought we can only show evidence during the interview but if we can show proof now with the application forms we'll do it.

Yes, some people do get approved without an interview :) But this depends on luck basically, and of course your application has to submit enough evidences.