about the wording the in the approval letter and plastic card

priyadev

Registered Users (C)
Ok.

My local office interview for my I-485 was over on 31st March 2003. Received the approval letter from the local office on 3rd april with the date of approval as 1st April..

The approval letter is just in white paper not like regular INS type of letters. Is it common?

It says, if you need stamping, you can visit the local office and get it done.

Your alien registration card will be mailed to you within 6-12 months. etc.

I have few questions:

1. Is the wording common for approval letters from local office and VSC.

2. Will they state about the alien registration card if you receive the notice directly from VSC?

3. The cards will be ordered only after stamping?

thanks in advance
Priya

As a general rule , in normal cases, the card is ordered only after stamping but since your case was tranasferred to local office , I don't know what happens in such cases

if you receive approval letter from vsc directly (with no local transfer/interview), will the wording say ... you will be receiving the card withing 6-12 months?

priya

No they will direct you to go for stamping and at the time of stamping officer will say that you would get it in 6-9 months or so but you would get it in 2 months of stamping

ok,

i went to Boston INS office today morning, and stamp it on my passport. they just took our EADs. Do we have to change I-9 in work?

Since my case is local transfer case; finished interview last week, they just stamped it immediately at the entrance itself.

I guess, my cards might have been ordered after my interview. Because, i gave finger printing etc for I-89 on the day of interview.

In fact, my approval letter (received from local office) says, your card will be mailed to you within 6-12 months. If you receive approval letter directly from vermont service center, is the wording same? do they mention about mailing card etc in the approval letter?

priya

Priya,
Approval letter coming directly from vermont NEVER tells you that when your card will come to you. It tells you to go to local INS office for stamping, fresh fingerprinting and local INS ofice says that your card will come in 6-12 months. However after that online-status/AVM changes in a month or two that card has been ordered and it comes within 2 weeks of that.

Bakshi,

thanks a lot.

for local transfer case also, the online status would change to card has been ordered?

priya

Priya,
In normal cases when the stamping is done the papers go back to the same officer in vermont center who adjudicated the case and granted the approval. This guy then orders the card (card is produced at some other place not in Vermont. I don't know where but there is only one place in USA for all centers where all the cards are printed) and sends the papers to the Card-center wherever that is, and at the same time, updates AVM/ONLINE-status too.

However what happens in transfer case I have no idea. Once the transfer is done to local office paper never goes back to vermont.When the local office approves the application after interview they do not send it back to vermont and , instead, they themselves order the card and send the papers to card-center. Now the question is if these officers have access and authority to update online-status/AVM at Vermont center??!! I have no idea about that and you can ask somebody else about that

Hope that clarifies your doubts to some extent though it doesn't necessarily answer your question.
Good luck !