About the case status. Need clarification please :confused:

suldado

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I checked my case status online. So I enter my reciept number and I got this:

"the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued. "

I'm terribly confused. Does this mean that my application was approved or does it only pertain to the reciept they sent me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

suldado said:
Hello,

I checked my case status online. So I enter my reciept number and I got this:

"the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued. "

I'm terribly confused. Does this mean that my application was approved or does it only pertain to the reciept they sent me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It means that your case is approved and your GC was mailed to you. I am assuming you are talking about a 485

arizonian said:
It means that your case is approved and your GC was mailed to you. I am assuming you are talking about a 485

I applied for a I-131 reentry permit. So my reentry permit wil be mailed to me then. That's great!

Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
arizonian said:

Not necessarily. There are ample examples in I-485 forums where people got this status message due to RFE.