• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

about sponsor

J&G

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I have my friend in US and he has got also green card and for 4 years he hs been paid all tax and etc.He is not US citizen and want to be sponsor for me.
1-is he able to sponsor me
2-what forms and document should he need to prepare.
3- for sponsor. do embassy verify the person (sponsor) in US because i will have my intervew possibly in august.
4-. I am enginner and have MBA degree ,i have job but no job offer in US till now.In this case may i sit for interview without sponsor - How long do i have chance without sponsor.

to send link for form will be appreciated.:)

thanks in advance

J&G said:
Dear Friends,

I have my friend in US and he has got also green card and for 4 years he hs been paid all tax and etc.He is not US citizen and want to be sponsor for me.
3- for sponsor. do embassy verify the person (sponsor) in US because i will have my intervew possibly in august.
4-. I am enginner and have MBA degree ,i have job but no job offer in US till now.In this case may i sit for interview without sponsor - How long do i have chance without sponsor.

thanks in advance
salam,
this is the response of the US embassy in Ankara to my question regarding the documents needed from my US citizen sponsor for affidavit of support:

"As the Affidavit of Support in a DV case, you should submit the I-134 form completed and notarized by the US citizen sponsor, a copy of the sponsor’s US passport and sponsor’s 1040 Individual Income Tax Returns and W2 forms for the most recent tax year. A copy of the notarized I-134 form should be added for all family members."

"As the Affidavit of Support in a DV case, you should submit the I-134 form completed and notarized by the US citizen sponsor,

hi pscl wlakm salam,
hank you for your prompt replying
thats mean it is mendetory to be sponsor individual as US citizen. thats little wired.
ok let me investigate the other options and i will inform you the issue in detail

J&G said:
"As the Affidavit of Support in a DV case, you should submit the I-134 form completed and notarized by the US citizen sponsor,

hi pscl wlakm salam,
hank you for your prompt replying
thats mean it is mendetory to be sponsor individual as US citizen. thats little wired.
ok let me investigate the other options and i will inform you the issue in detail
J&G, it is mandatory that you have sponsor. However, as far as I know the sponsor shouldn't be necessarily a US citizen, he/she could be a green card holder as well. Since in my question I referred to my sponsor as a citizen, the consular referred to "THE US citizen sponsor" in their response as well.

Another doubt....My friend has applied for his green card and its in processing. He has filed tax returns and has a social security number. Is he eligible to become a sponsor?

J&G said:
Dear Friends,

Yes, as long as he meets the income requirements.
It is Form I-134. For supporting documents, read the instructions on the form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf.
Why are you concerned about that? You were asked to present the documents at the interview, whenever it is. Your case won't be delayed because of that.
If you can prove that you have enough money to support yourself or your family, then you don't need a sponsor. Your existing job won't exist once you come to US. So, you have to have savings to be able to do that.

princesslux said:
Another doubt....My friend has applied for his green card and its in processing. He has filed tax returns and has a social security number. Is he eligible to become a sponsor?
No, the sponsor should be either a US citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident. Read the 1st question (a-d) on I-134.

J&G said:
Dear Friends,

thanks in advance
bak bunlari goster,ya para 20bin dollar tek kishiye yeter,kendi adina hesabinda olsun,ya da arkadasinin tax return,employer letter,amerikada noterli gelir belgesi olsun o sana sponsor olacak,ya da bir daire,mulkun gayrimenkul herhangibir sermayen varsa ,onun resmi tercumesini al goster kendi adina tabi, yeterli olur,bunlaradan herhangi biri de olabilir,hadi basarilar dilerim,bir iranli arkadasin!

Anahit said:
Yes, as long as he meets the income requirements.

It is Form I-134. For supporting documents, read the instructions on the form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf.

Why are you concerned about that? You were asked to present the documents at the interview, whenever it is. Your case won't be delayed because of that.

If you can prove that you have enough money to support yourself or your family, then you don't need a sponsor. Your existing job won't exist once you come to US. So, you have to have savings to be able to do that.

Hi anahit,

Thank you for your due replying based on ma Question.
I got the detail now.

jin464 said:
bak bunlari goster,ya para 20bin dollar tek kishiye yeter,kendi adina hesabinda olsun,ya da arkadasinin tax return,employer letter,amerikada noterli gelir belgesi olsun o sana sponsor olacak,ya da bir daire,mulkun gayrimenkul herhangibir sermayen varsa ,onun resmi tercumesini al goster kendi adina tabi, yeterli olur,bunlaradan herhangi biri de olabilir,hadi basarilar dilerim,bir iranli arkadasin!

Hocam ,
sen iranlı mısın. ama süper türkçe konuşuyorsun. verdiğin biligi doğrultusunda ben bir fikir elde etmek istediğim ise. 20bin çok be abi. ben turk forumlarda hep 12 den bahsettiğini bilyorum.
mezun.com da uyemisin.mülakatın ne zaman olucak senin

NOT: REALLY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE TO WRITE HERE INTO TURKISH AS I NEED TO ANSWARE IT TO jin464 :)

J&G said:
Hocam ,
sen iranlı mısın. ama süper türkçe konuşuyorsun. verdiğin biligi doğrultusunda ben bir fikir elde etmek istediğim ise. 20bin çok be abi. ben turk forumlarda hep 12 den bahsettiğini bilyorum.
mezun.com da uyemisin.mülakatın ne zaman olucak senin

NOT: REALLY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE TO WRITE HERE INTO TURKISH AS I NEED TO ANSWARE IT TO jin464 :)
20 dedim ,guvenli olsun,sen paraya takma be,arkadasina de sana dedigim evraklari gondersin olur mu?birde sana bir is bulursa orda garson bile adam elcilikte bayilacak(evraklarla birlikte), iranliyim ya,tahrandayim randevu zamanim daha belli olmadi,sen gormedin mi bir iranli boyle acayib turkce konussun mu?iste konusuyorum,bu dunya acayiblardan doluymus,degilmi?!