About sealed envelope on passport

machelon

Registered Users (C)
Go this question from my friend

Got my F-1 visa approved and when I picked up my passport from delivery service, there was an envelope stapled to passport with my name on it so I opened it. It had my i20 and admissions letter, I just read it and put it back. Now I read everywhere I should not have opened the envelope. Will I have real trouble at the port of entry? Or just a stern look from the officer for doing this, but no one told me at the embassy about this.
I travel in the next couple off days.

You opened it unknowingly. In the packet they has mentioned your name & it has to be opened at the Port of Entry but USCIS Officer. But you have unsealed the pack already, make sure all documents in the packet are safe, You can call to the USCIS National Customer Service Center & voice your query. At the time of interview you will be required to explain to the USCIS officer that you unsealed the packet unknowingly.

Go this question from my friend

Got my F-1 visa approved and when I picked up my passport from delivery service, there was an envelope stapled to passport with my name on it so I opened it. It had my i20 and admissions letter, I just read it and put it back. Now I read everywhere I should not have opened the envelope. Will I have real trouble at the port of entry? Or just a stern look from the officer for doing this, but no one told me at the embassy about this.
I travel in the next couple off days.