About my case

al777

Hello dear forum members,
I came to US with student visa to study for graduate degree and after graduation filed for asylum and my case was denied while my visa was valid ( in the letter it was saying that it is no appeal process) but after since then (about 5 years) I stayed in US illegally and recently ICE agents came to our apartment and started to check for visas and papers and when they check my passport they told me that I am Legal Permanent Resident. I was shocked since the only thing I did in US trying to adjust my status was political asylum and it was denied. They told me: " You did process your papers and they been approved". I asked: "For how long I am LPR?" They said : "for long time. You moved thats why you didn't know."
And then I sent written request about my status to Asylum office and they sent me info saying my case was denied. That is why I am wondering what to do. I asked several people and they told me that if you were denied political asylum they would take you and detain immediately. I don't know if they were mistaken, when they checked in their database may be they checked other person or may be that is some kind of trap, so that I will now runaway nowhere. So could you please advise me what I have to do?

if you have your case number if your really approved you can check that on uscis web site only it should show with no mistake whats the actual status of your case
all the good luck