about fp important question

kaycekay

Registered Users (C)
hi
i just found out my fp was waived because once 2 years ago i apllied for immigration to canada. the ins officer said that appears that they dont need my fingerprint because i am already in the system.do you think they will still ask for another fp?
thanks

Interesting question

But I don't have an answer to your question. I have another question: if what you said is true, why those FP made 15 months ago got expired and new FP have to be made? Were't those made FP in the SYSTEM?
I also had my FP made in 1998 when I took Life Insurance traing and test. I think I may also be in the system since that FP was reported to FBI.
To better get answers to your question, please clarify how did you know that? You just talked to the INS officer and he told you so? If so, you might be lucky one to speed the process. But I believe that there are more people who applied Canadian residency before and now are applying for US Green Card. This is the first time I heard this.
Is that a routine for INS to take a look somewhere (perhaps FBI) and see if one has valid FP?

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know what is going on

i'm sorry that i confused you . i just called tsc to ask about my ead renewal , then i ask when they think my fingerprint notice will come. the officer said she looked in my file and my fingerprinting is waived. i told her i'm confused, because i know that fp are valid for 15 months. she said : that's what's written in my file,period.so, i dont know guys. i'm as confused as you are. if is like that, why i did not receive approval notice or something.
pd:12/1997
rd:05/2001
nd:08/2001
1 ead so far, waiting for the second ead
eb3