• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

about affidavit of support

abizibey

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am a dv 2009 winner and i am a bit confused about the affidavit of support issue. I understand my sponsor in the US need to fill form I-134.Where does he sent the form after filling it? Do i have to get a copy of it? And does my sponsor need to write another letter in addition to filling form I-134?
Thank you all for your answers

The paperwork has to come back to you so you can take it to your interview. It is a good idea for your sponsor to include recent pay slips or any backup evidence of information written on the form.

re.about the affidavit of support

Thank you for your answer. Is it mandatory that i stay at the address in the US that i mentioned on the form? Also what are my chances of getting calle for interview if my number becomes current for let say August-september?

The address you provide is where your Green Card will be sent once you enter the US, so as long as you trust the person living at that address to tell you your card has arrived, you can live anywhere you like.

The month your number becomes current is when you are called for an interview.

It depends, which region you are from and whether your country has reached the max 3500 limit, this is what really determines your chances!!!

Thank you for all your answers.I an from Ghana and it seems there are more than 7300 people who will receive notification form my country and my number is AF00067xxx.When will that number becomes current? Still any hope?
Thanks