about address change

wanzi

Registered Users (C)
I moved at the end of Nov., and sent out AR-11 at Dec. 08 by regular mail.
So far, I didn't receive any update notice.

Today, Jan. 07 I called up USCIS, they said if I sent once AR-11 I don't need send again. Because my husband is my sponsor, so he need fill in I-865 form.

After this conversation, I find out we did send in I-865 form at the beginning we file the application.

My question is: Do I need send in I-865 again? and do I need send in AR-11 by certificate mail? (I don't have any receipt for last mail.)

Thanks

wanzi said:
I moved at the end of Nov., and sent out AR-11 at Dec. 08 by regular mail.
So far, I didn't receive any update notice.

Today, Jan. 07 I called up USCIS, they said if I sent once AR-11 I don't need send again. Because my husband is my sponsor, so he need fill in I-865 form.

After this conversation, I find out we did send in I-865 form at the beginning we file the application.

My question is: Do I need send in I-865 again? and do I need send in AR-11 by certificate mail? (I don't have any receipt for last mail.)

Thanks

Make sure that they DO change the address because they screwed up someone i know by not changing the address and they had to wait for another 2 years because of those idiots over there. Just be careful with that AR11 form, make sure that they actually do it.

well, i guess now we can also change the address by calling them at 1 (800) 375-5283. you speak to a customer service representative to be able to do so.

now what is I-865 form. i am sponsor of my wife's immigration case. i have just recieved the green card stamp on my passport but i am still waiting for the actual card. i need to change the address for myself and for my wife too. what shud i do? am i supposed to fill some stupid I-865 form to change my wife's address? i thought i will call at 1-800-375-5283 and it shud work for both of us.......please guide me..thanks a lot

desi74 said:
well, i guess now we can also change the address by calling them at 1 (800) 375-5283. you speak to a customer service representative to be able to do so.

now what is I-865 form. i am sponsor of my wife's immigration case. i have just recieved the green card stamp on my passport but i am still waiting for the actual card. i need to change the address for myself and for my wife too. what shud i do? am i supposed to fill some stupid I-865 form to change my wife's address? i thought i will call at 1-800-375-5283 and it shud work for both of us.......please guide me..thanks a lot

Some of my friends said, by law I-865 should be filed to change sponsor's address, but sometime nobody ask you this.
And the phone should work for both of yours.
The representive told me he changed both of us address, but need we send in AR-11 and I-865.

hi!

i filed for a change of address (AR-11, I-865, and called 1-800-misinformation) on dec. 1... because of this thread i was urged to check if they have actually changed my address and THEY HAVEN'T!!! although i am not surprised at all, it still sucks that you have to call them over and over.