About 22% drop in I485 filers this year so far.

5thYearNSC

Registered Users (C)
I captured this data from INS web sites.
EB(Employment based) I485s are about 30% among
the total I485 filers.

So, 22% of 30% in EB based is 73% drop in EB based
I485 filers.

Even if there is a margin of error about 15%, I conclude
that EB based I485 files have droped at least more than
55% this year.
No wonder when Oracle, Cisco, Sun, etc, such big
companies can not do GC any more because of their
layoffs.

I want to confirm this data with Labor Certification data.

I searched as much as I can to see DOL web site.

Nowhere I can get the LCA or LC related data on
Govt. Web sites.

Any one has any info?
Thx
:confused:

The drop could be more

With India no longer oversubscribed coutry you bet the number of 485 filers must have dropped like a rock from a cliff. It also speaks volumes about the state of IT jobscene in US. All major software cos. are moving their ops to India and also big cos are outsourcing to India. Cos like Infosys, Satyam, Wipro, TCs are gopign to hire thousands in the next few months. So, I think the writing is on the wall. Over the next 5 years 50% or more IT jobs will go overseas particularly in Software area and mostly to India.

The golden days in US are now gone and probably for ever.

The sorry saga continues

A friend of mine works for a decently large sized company. He applied for Labour a few months back. In 4 months time the ads that his company had placed in papers and internet received over 3000 responses. Now the company is busy interviewing every applicant and tryingto reject them. But they have sewared that they will not offer GC processing anymore to anyone in the future. They are having a harrowing time with this case itself.

I am also hearing that even if you get LC thru I-140 has become a very big challenge. They are looking at financial records of the company and also their past tax filings to see if the company is not lying about their fincacial situation.

With the economy spiralling downwards again and trade deficit balooning up and stocks falling I believe that tough time have just started and particularly for us immigrants in IT industry the times are beginning to get worse and worse day by day.

Probably INDIA and CHINA need to issue GC for US citizens ( Becos most of the US companies are profiting through outsourcing). Hope we don't need to get one at that time and wait like this. Any thing can happen in this world and US will be no longer a paradise for IT if this trend continues. Anyway pack our bags and be ready , hope we will have a place to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is very bad.

When market falls like this, our minds think too many wild
thoughts. I am thinking may be the time has come for East
to dominate the World by the end current century.

You may be right

DOW crashed badly today. There was record trade deficits in May. That implies that we are importing much more than exporting. It's obviuos anyway when you go to Wal-Mart. Everything is Made in China. All manufacturing jobs are going abroad. All technology jobs are going abroad. Go to BestBuy and Circuit City or CompUSa - everything there is also Made in China. USA has become a trading nation. This country is creating new Technology but building products & services abroad.
Slowly but steadily this nation is becoming a nation only of consumers and not producers. And as any dummy will tell you jobs are where "Creation" or "Development" process takes place i.e. in Asia - China, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Phillipines, and SriLanka. All the above are sources of "Cheap but highly educated and efficient labour" with a large "young" and dynamic population having good educational credentials. USA is surviving on the strength of it's financial sector but that has been dented severely by Accounting scandals. So we see 1300 points wiped out of Dow Jones in just TWO WEEKS. This is really OMINOUS. Because Finance is the last bastion of America and if this sector goes down then everything else will also go down very fast.

I guess bad news for everybody. Particularly us, because if there is a depression then we will suffer the most in terms of unemployment and also racial xenophobia. Let's hope for the best but be prepared for the worst, which may be still to come.

well guys try to get some positive out of this money hungry corporate

corrupt ceos. they are the ones who are slowing down everything.