Aaaaaproved!

jungleg

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!

My lawyer just emailed me saying that she just received Approval notices for me and my wife's I-485.

I have two questions for you:

1. The website was never updated. I called the 800 number and the operator told me the same thing, the cases were still pending. But my lawyer faxed me the approval notices and they look real, with stamping info and all. Should I worry about that?

2. How safe is it to travel abroad with the passport stamp only (no card)?

Thanks, may God bring approval to all!

Here are my details:

ND: April 2002
FP1: June 2002
FP2: February 2004
RFE: April 2004
AD: May 2004

--J

congrats, nobody knows what is going at 800 no, try calling them everyy day and you will get a different answer.

Hi All,
My case is pretty interesting. Please read and let me know your thoughts.

We filed concurrent filing (140 & 485) using a pre-approved labour March 2003. Now we received notice saying 485 is approved for my wife. This is employment based and I haven't got the notice yet. May be I will get it tomorrow or so...
But we haven't got the 140 approved yet...Isn't it weird? Can I believe this approval. The priority date stated in the approval notice is April 2001.

Is this happened to anyone else? Please explain. I have to speak my lawyer yet.

I checked the website and 800. Both 140 and 485 not approved there...Please comment.

Thanks,
Ben.

congrats! jungleleg

should you receive a copy too? when did INS receive your RFE? INS received my RFE on 4/15, still no news

Congrats.

I think INS got your RFE in April-04 based upon your signatures? Could you please confirm the dates?

thanks.

Courtesy copy of 485 approval?

Did you receive a courtesy copy of 485 approval notice at your home address?

Thanks,

optimystic

Thanks all for your kind words!

Tufan: I sent the response to RFE on April 15th and they posted on the website a receipt for April 16th, so it took about 20 days for approval, for the final notice says May 5, 2004.

I did get a courtesy copy on my mailbox yesterday and just got the originals from my lawyer today.

We'll go stamping next Friday to New York BCIS office.

--J

Hi Guys
I am new here. My I-140 just got approved on May 4 2004.
The Receipt Date was Sept 2 2003 and the Prioroty Date was Nov 18 2002.
Does the Priority Date have any importance?
How long after the Priority Date people got their FP notice?
Thanx

Pripority date has no relevance- RD is the relevant date. When will you get FP- anybody's guess.
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: