A very frustrating day

yvesliu

Registered Users (C)
Back in the early April, my lawyer contact the local senator's office and they told him that my case is ready to be assigned to an officer and the name check is cleared. In June, I haven't heard anything more, so, I contacted my lawyer again, and the response was the same, ready to be assigned to an officer. In early Aug, the response is changed, said my case was assigned to an officer and I should hear the result in 60 days. My case LUD changed on Aug. 26th. So, today I got an update from my lawyer. The quote from the senator's office "I checked with the NSC this morning. The case was pre-adjudicated on August 25. The file went back to a holding shelf because the namecheck clearance has not been received. The liaison I spoke with earlier had informed me that the namecheck had cleared, but the system indicates that this is not the case. Please let me know if you don't have a final response in another 60 days and we can check on the namecheck again. Thanks for your patience."

I don't understand that why the liaison said my name check is cleared before and now it is not in the system. Is there anything I can do to get me out of situation? My PD is march, 2000, and I-485 date is Aug, 2004. I am EB2 and from china.

Any advice will be appreciated.

CIS message

Don't truse CIS messages easily. Ask your senator or congressman to contact FBI and find out the name check status. Or you may want to do an Infopass and talk to a CIS officer face to face. Ask him/her specifically whether your security checks have been completed. Good luck.

yvesliu said:
Back in the early April, my lawyer contact the local senator's office and they told him that my case is ready to be assigned to an officer and the name check is cleared. In June, I haven't heard anything more, so, I contacted my lawyer again, and the response was the same, ready to be assigned to an officer. In early Aug, the response is changed, said my case was assigned to an officer and I should hear the result in 60 days. My case LUD changed on Aug. 26th. So, today I got an update from my lawyer. The quote from the senator's office "I checked with the NSC this morning. The case was pre-adjudicated on August 25. The file went back to a holding shelf because the namecheck clearance has not been received. The liaison I spoke with earlier had informed me that the namecheck had cleared, but the system indicates that this is not the case. Please let me know if you don't have a final response in another 60 days and we can check on the namecheck again. Thanks for your patience."

I don't understand that why the liaison said my name check is cleared before and now it is not in the system. Is there anything I can do to get me out of situation? My PD is march, 2000, and I-485 date is Aug, 2004. I am EB2 and from china.

Any advice will be appreciated.

oceanside said:
Don't truse CIS messages easily. Ask your senator or congressman to contact FBI and find out the name check status. Or you may want to do an Infopass and talk to a CIS officer face to face. Ask him/her specifically whether your security checks have been completed. Good luck.

Hi oceanside,

I saw your post in another thread, how long did it take for you to file the law-suit? I read throught the procedure, it looks very complicated. I think I will do an infopass soon. Thanks

It is not that complicated...I did it over last weekend. I would say 1 week is probably enough. The earlier you start, the earlier you will be approved. Try to read the other thread, register in pacer, and read cases around your area...

yvesliu said:
Hi oceanside,

I saw your post in another thread, how long did it take for you to file the law-suit? I read throught the procedure, it looks very complicated. I think I will do an infopass soon. Thanks

I just made an appointment with infopass. It will be Oct. 24th. Should I wait to file this law-suit after the infopass or should I do it ASAP?

yvesliu said:
I just made an appointment with infopass. It will be Oct. 24th. Should I wait to file this law-suit after the infopass or should I do it ASAP?

You can at least start preparing...and be ready to file once you know it is pending (I trust senator's result more because otherwise your case should be already approved)

Is there any risk in filing lawsuit ?

Is there any risk in filing lawsuit ? Any slightest risk ?

yvesliu said:

For what it is worth, I had an Infopass appointment 09/12 while preparing my WOM complaint. Filled WOM September 25 and got I-485 approved 10/06.
I had
-one letter from senator
-one letter from Congressman
-FOIA
-one letter I sent to USCIS 20 days before filling for WOM (unanswered of course)
-Copy of Infopass notice (do not forget to ask the CIS officer to stamp it by the end of the appointment)
-stuck in name check for 335 days by the date of filling for WOM relief
-EB2, worldwide (so PD current) and name check initiated right after filling for AOS.
Go for it my friend, you are just fighting for your basic rights
Good luck to you
GED 69

So, I have the infopass appointment next tuesday. I just want to make sure I will gather enough information. Please advise on what should I ask. Also, I remember reading somewhere that I should ask them to stamp my appointment printout, is that true?

yvesliu said:
So, I have the infopass appointment next tuesday. I just want to make sure I will gather enough information. Please advise on what should I ask. Also, I remember reading somewhere that I should ask them to stamp my appointment printout, is that true?

Ask them to stamp your appointment letter or sign it and return it back to you. Have few copies handy just in case if they need it for their records. Ask what specific background/security check is pending and since when. Whatever they reply to you ask them to put that in writing

Last edited by a moderator: