A Unique Situation

az2md

Hello,

I have a very unique situation to discuss and would want your help with it. This is regarding my mother's younger sister who now lives in India. One of my mother's siblings has applied for her immigration back in the 80s and with due process my aunt in India recieved her Green Card. Her husband had been against migrating to anywhere and thus keeping her children's future in mind, she wanted to keep the Green Card active (this is back in early 90s). She started flying to the US every year to keep the Green Card active. She did that until 1997 when the INS officer at the airport questioned her doing so and had her surrender the green card and other documents along with it. She was given a choice to either mirgrate to the US or get herself deported and she chose the later since her family was back in India.

Now after all these years her kids have grown and her husband has reconsidered what he had lost earlier and my aunt was told by someone that she could possibly apply for re-instatement of her green card. Is that possible? If so, what channel does she need to take to do so.

Any suggestions or help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.