A Suggestion

Greenberg

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, when you post your I-485 approvals, could you please indicate whether your I-140 was approved for CP or AOS?

This will help those I-485 filers whose I-140s were unfortunately approved for CP!

Thanks in advance!

FP for 140 in CP & 485 in AOS

I see a lot of discussion on " connection needed between 140 & 485 " for cases that had 140 filed in CP but 485 filed in AOS.
I have a question " When is the conection is made ? at time of FP notice sent or final adjudication ? "
If a such an applicant recieves a FP notice, does it mean the conection is made ??.

This is what IIO says..and what NVC says - abt connxn

the connection is made ONLY WHEN YOUR FILE (I-485) IS ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER
Until FP,the entire process is with no human intervention- when I say this,is that the only things checked are for valid docs,etc..i.e. do u have ur I-94,etc.
noone is perusing each doc.FP itself is generated automatically based on ur local INS availability and I-485 RD.
Hence,when the SC is adjudicating cases with ur RD,that\'s when an IIO actually starts perusing each doc,and goes thru RFE/approval,etc
And that\'s when the connection to ur I-140 is made.
*BUT - the I-140 may or may not be asked for by IIO - usually it is.
Hope this helps..
I too had my I-140 approved for CP,unintentionally...
Cheers

AOS stands for \'Adjustment of status\' wherein you file I-485 at your service center and wait for i

CP stands for \'Consular Processing\' wherein you choose to go to the US Consulate in your home country for an interview and subsequent approval/stamping of GC. CP is considered faster than I-485 but a bit riskier.