a suggestion - please post your views

485sub

Registered Users (C)
Can we start only 3 new threads everyday for 485 APPROVALS instead of everybody approved starting a new thread? For example, tomorrow we can have the following threads started:

1. 2-1-03 : RD Sept 2001 approvals
2. 2-1-03 : RD Oct 2001 approvals
3. 2-1-03 : RD Nov 2001 approvals

as we are/will be seeing most approvals from the above months....

This will give us a quick, easy and most of all an accurate count of approvals for each day.

The threads can be started by the first person to be posting his/her approval on that day for that month's RD.

Also, I would suggest that each person posting thier approval give the following info:

1. RD
2. ND
3. FP
4. RFE issued ("n/a" if did not receive one)
5. RFE received by INS(("n/a" if did not receive one)
6. RFE details
7. AD
8. Rupnet id(if you had a Rupnet id earlier and are creating another for whatever reason, then please mention both old and new ids here)

It will be great if each person posting approval here can immediately go and update RUPNET at http://www.rupnet.com/immigration

What do you say guys?

Great Idea ...

This is a great way to post the 485 approval
provided some one willl initiate this to to create .

I would say rather waiting for 485 approval why not somebody regardless getting any approval post a subject saying on a daily basis and request all approvals to post on 1 subject.

Subject:
1-2-03 Rd approved ( Oct case )

485sub , Can you initiate this for 1st and 2nd week and after that we can rotate based on 2 weeks schedule.

la_cool

sure...no problem....but I would like to wait for more people to say ok to my suggestion....let's say we wait till atleast 10 people approve of this idea....

Also, if we decide to go with this idea then I would suggest that whoever is responsible for starting the threads should start them on the day/night before for the next day...meaning if I were incharge of starting the threads for tomorrows(1st Feb) approvals, then I would start them today/tonight. This is to make sure the threads are already there before the person with first approval of the day has logged in to post his/her approval.

We can make a list of all who approve of this idea, for now:

1. 485sub
2. amitGreen
3. BladeRunner
4. la_cool

and each will be incharge for 2 weeks(Sun-Sun-Sun for Mon-Mon-Mon approval postings) in the above order and the person next to the person "incharge" will be "2nd-incharge" (let's say). So, if I, 485sub, was "incharge" for the first 2 weeks then amitGreen would be "2nd-incharge". The "2nd-incharge" will be responsible to check every morning that the threads for the day were created by the "incharge" and if for some reason they weren't then he/she has to create them. If the incharge for some reason cannot create the threads(eg: going on a vacation) then he has to notify the 2nd-incharge in advance.

Let me know what you think guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nandhakumar

good suggestion...yes we should add "EB category" and "State" also to the list.

Waiting for more views/suggestions....

This is good idea. I suggest to stick with only relevant fields as people tend to not fill those areas ie EB1 or EB2 or state or EAD applied or not. I am suggesting let's stick with bare minimum RD, ND, FP, FP and RFE date and reason (if applicable). I think these are the only fields from which we can generate some conclusion.

Thanks