• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A strange email from us department of state!!!is it true?!!

borderline

Registered Users (C)
hi all, i had a strange email from us depatment of state(i dont know if it is true?).so i decided to share it to you and asking for any comments!!
also i am a dv2008 winner ( AS00008XXX) and i had never used any other company to fill my documents or apply for Dv except the original (dvlottery.state.gov).so please make me an advice,what should i do?!!!:confused:...here is the the copy of email with some changes in name and numbers!

The Official U.S Green Card Lottery Program
United States Department of State, National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
www.us-green-card-lottery.org

Case Number: 20070C00000XXX

DEAR XXXXXX(my name)
We wish to notify you that you are among the selected lucky winners of the U.S visa Lottery (Green Card) through our email ballot lottery program held on the 20th of AUGUST 2007 in Arkansas (USA) The Green Card email ballot lottery program was conducted under the terms of Section 203 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 2006 (Pub.L.101-649) This is the second edition of the email ballot program and it provides winners "Green Cards"

The aims and objectives of the program is to give free visas to citizens of developing countries around the world who wishes to travel to U.S and start a new life and work. The green card Lottery is a matter of huge benefits for those who want to try themselves abroad.

Selection
6.3 million Email addresses with the registered names were randomly extracted during the 33-days extraction period that ran from 12.00 AM on JULY 10, 2007 until midnight, AUGUST, 9 2007. All extracted email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy for final selection through computer draw system and your email address attached to ticket number XXXXX-XXX drew the lucky numbers which subsequently won you the U.S visa and we are sending the winning notification through the selected email addresses with the registered names.

Your visa duration is 10 years multiple entries to the U.S, it is renewable upon expiration and it permits you to travel to U.S with your spouse. The visas have been apportioned among six geographic regions with a maximum of seven percent available to persons born in any single country. Our visa processing agents had been apportioned among the six geographic regions.

Visa claim application (step 1)
Your visa winning details falls within our Asia/pacific booklet representative office as indicated in the draw system and we have forwarded your winning details to our Asia/Pacific office for the processing of your Green Card acknowledgement Certificates, therefore, FOR YOUR VISA PROCESSING FORM, REQUIREMENTS AND FURTHER DETAILS, contact our Asia/pacific agent with the below contact details;

NAME: MR. GEORGE GRAHAM.
Ofiice Address: Indra Tower Suite 105, 75/6 Wireless Road Panthumwam Bangkok Thailand.
Tel: +66-835 619 209 +66-843 578 622
Fax: +66-2251 9977
Email: usgc@oued.org

Approximately six hundred and twenty five (625) lucky selected winners had been notified through their selected winning email addresses including you today (Mon 08-10-2007) all selected lucky winners will need to act on their claims applications quickly before the expiration of the visa claim deadline which is on the (10th of November 2007)

Basic question.
How can I make the claim of my visa?
You will obtain your visa through the U.S Consular officer in your home country or any U.S Embassy nearest to you with your Green Card Certificates that will be processed and send to you by our Asia/pacific agent. Your visa will enable you to arrive here in the USA for the issuance of your Green Card under the US Government Green Card lottery program.

Visa Processing Fee.
Single-$750USD

What is processing fee?
The processing fee pays for the accuracy preparation of every document. Green card experts charges a nominal fee to cover administrative and processing costs incurred in conjunction with the careful processing of every document. The payment of the processing fee should be made to any of our regional office where your visa winning details falls for the processing of your Green Card Certificates which will enable you to obtain your visa.

According to J.Stevenson Wilson, Author of Visa Lottery services Report, the total average fee charged by green card lottery services ($750USD) for one person,there is no correlation between the fee charged and the quality of services provided and its benefits.

Advanced question.
How can I pay the processing fee?
The following forms of payment are accepted,

Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa)
Money orders
Traveler’s cheques
Personal cheques (US only)
International drafts
Western Union
Benefits.
Winners will get FREE Airline Ticket to the USA.
people that win this Lottery will get the constant legal status of the US inhabitant, an opportunity of free country entrance and departure, the right to be working in the USA legally and getting American salary. You may have any job in America, whether it is a government, public or private job. A permanent residence visa (as well as American work visa) eases your life. In addition to permanent legal residence Green Card holders also receive health, education, retirement, taxation, social security and other benefits.

Non-Eligible Countries.
Selected winners from the following countries are not eligible to make the claim of their visas.
Mexico-Brazil-Canada-Haiti-Columbia-Elsalvador-Jamaica-Poland-Peru-Korea-Dominican Republic-Philippines-Vietnam-Pakistan-China (mainland born) Russia and United-Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent countries. This is because each has more than 50, 000 candidates in the USA.

US Embassies and Consulates.
US Embassies and consulates does not issue Green Cards, they issue all categories of visas after visa interview and thorough examination of all visa applications. Do not go to the local US Embassy in your home country without being directed with your Green Card Certificates visa application and interview appointment date for the issuance of your visa. This may lead to the cancellation of your Green Card winning status.

Please retain this letter and take it with you together with your Green Card certificates to your visa interview centre when directed.
Do not reply back to this notification email (busy)

Please read and follow all the enclosed instructions very carefully.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Christine Roberts.

Secretary General U.S Consulate-Kentucky.

It is not coming from US state department..Senders of this email are cheaters. Somehow they get the email addresses and the names. They dont have such office in Thailand..Just ignore it..

hi all, i had a strange email from us depatment of state(i dont know if it is true?).so i decided to share it to you and asking for any comments!!
also i am a dv2008 winner ( AS00008XXX) and i had never used any other company to fill my documents or apply for Dv except the original (dvlottery.state.gov).so please make me an advice,what should i do?!!!:confused:...here is the the copy of email with some changes in name and numbers!

The Official U.S Green Card Lottery Program
United States Department of State, National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
www.us-green-card-lottery.org

This is Scam. It was send by other private firm, not from US Department. Because web site is ended with .org which means organization. If this is from US department you must see .gov at the end

Visa Processing Fee.
Single-$750USD

And Visa processing fee is given $750USD. This is false. You have to pay $755USD for DV processing.

So, it's better to ignore.

thank you everybody for your fast replies,now i am sure it was really a scam,i am glad i find here as a reliable place to use your professional ideas,it's realy wealthy.thank you again guys and good luck.