A small hope for waiting 140/485 concurrent filers!!

PT_Jun01

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Here is a piece of good info, which can give a little relief to ppl who have filed their I-485/EAD/AP with I-140 receipt, fall within my time range and haven't seen any activities on their I-140/EAD
/AP lately.

Today I checked my spouse's EAD/AP status(I chose to continue on H1 and not applied EAD/AP for myself) and found that the EAD for my spouse has been approved so it seems like they have scrutinized my I-140 apps and then only they have approved the EAD. AP hasn't been touched yet, I am hoping that I should see an approval on that soon enough. No changes on I-140 msg yet though. So it seems like the screening of I-140 apps in my date range is going on currently. Guys, keep your chins up and please share if you get similar info on your cases. I am sure it will give the ppl an idea what's happening out there. Goodluck!

I-140
-------
RD: 7/22
AD: waiting
MSG: 90-180 Days

I-485/765/131
------------------
RD: 9/20
FP: Done on 11/2
AD: waiting (FP Results received and processing is resumed on
the case)
EAD: On November 19, 2002, after approving your application,
we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes
between 60 and 90 days. Your card will be mailed to you
as soon as it is ready.
AP: waiting

I filed my I485 with receipt of I140 on 8/29. I got EAD approved on 10/14. It seems my I140 has been preliminary reviewed before my EAD approval. But it's been more than a month, I haven't got anything for My I140. Can I still keep my chins up? :(

In addition to my earlier posting!

Guys, I just chekecd and the AP has also been approved...:D
I hope by tomorrow I could see the I-140 approval too...:D...well, that's too much to ask for, I am not counting on it and satisfied knowing that atleast my case is being worked on. Will share as and when hear anything new on the case. Thanks!

I-140
-------
RD: 7/22

I-485/765/131
------------------
RD: 9/20
FP: Done on 11/2
the case)

EAD: On November 19, 2002, after approving your application,
we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes
between 60 and 90 days. Your card will be mailed to you
as soon as it is ready.

AP: This case has been approved. On November 19, 2002, an
approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you
have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or
update your address. To update your address, please speak
to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Re: In addition to my earlier posting!

PT_Jun01

Congratulations and good luck for I-140

I am waiting for EAD/I-140 /FP,
I-140 RD 07/10
EAD RD : 09/26
ND 10/07

Continue working without EAD

Friends,
I am going to apply for my I140/485/EAD soon. Is it OK to continue working if my H1B 6 year time expires before getting my EAD approved?

Here u go Sk!

Here u go SK, you can draft a simple letter like this and then attach that to the form. For the REASON you can say something like family visit or emergency travel. You should consult your attorney anyway they should be able to guide you.

Thanks!

----->
January 15th, 2002

Immigration and Naturalization Services

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to request your office grant me an Advance Parole document that is valid for multiple entries. This is to enable
me to visit my family in country name as well as travel abroad
in the event of emergencies.

Please contact me if you need any additional information.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sincerely,

First name + Last Name

Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
Phone: 999.999.9999

Re: Continue working without EAD

It is NOT OK to continue working without a H1B or an EAD, talk to your lawyer. You could apply for a 7th year H1B extension and continue working, even if you are waiting for the H1B extension to be approved.
-------

Originally posted by Nov01RIR
Friends,
I am going to apply for my I140/485/EAD soon. Is it OK to continue working if my H1B 6 year time expires before getting my EAD approved?

Hi Guys,

Here are my details on the lines of other concurrent filers:

Application Type: RIR/EB2

I-140
-------
ND: 7/16

I-485/765/131
------------------
ND: 9/22
FP: Done on 11/1
the case)
I-765 AD : 11/19

It looks like there is some movement on 485 petitions, filed with 140 receipt.
Just hang on and keep posting.

Good Luck to everybody.

sachint

Please post 140 approvals...

Guys,

If anyone of your 140 is approved, please post here. The last 140 approval in INSTRACKER is for 11/08.

Originally posted by vivian_gc
I filed my I485 with receipt of I140 on 8/29. I got EAD approved on 10/14. It seems my I140 has been preliminary reviewed before my EAD approval. But it's been more than a month, I haven't got anything for My I140. Can I still keep my chins up? :(

My receipt date was 11/13 and has been certainly reviewed since I got an RFE on 11/07 for I140. But who knows how much longer it will take! Best is to enjoy the upcoming holidays, go shoppinng, shovel now etc

:confused: :rolleyes:

vhooloo,
what was the RFE for.. when did you apply your I-140. Please update..

Jaye..:( :)

I-140/485 concurrent with labor substitution

I don't have all the dates....here's all the info I have.

I-140 RD: 07/10
485/EAD/AP RD: 09/20

My wifes EDA has been approved on 11/16. We got the EAD today (11/20).
Do you guys think my I-140 application has been reviewed before they approved my spouses EAD??
If thats the case.....is it reasonable to assume that my I-140 WILL be approved sooner or later?? (am trying to find out if they could reject I-140 after approving EAD?)

thanks in advance guys:confused:

Here is some thought processing with some facts!

Rob, please read the text below which gives a logical explanation. Also, earlier on couple of web sites people found that in concurrent filing cases 140/485 will be adjudicated all together unlike regular cases where 140/485 gets approved one by one.

So my understanding is that the initial review is just to make sure that the documents are in order and basic elegibility of the candidate. I guess, when they start looking into the I40 apps from the processing point of view, there are chances that RFE might get raised for valid reason. It will be approved sooner or later. It will be really odd to see if they reject an I-140 after approving the EAD/AP which used to come very late in the picture when 485 was only allowed after I140 approval. So I think there would a least chance that they would reject anything after all this but again u never know.

Hope it helps everybody who are sailing in this Concurrent boat. Please feel free to comment/ suggestions on the thought processing.

ps: All concurent filers, please share if you have any valuable info or any update on your cases. It will help others understanding the processing criteria being followed. For example, if you see all the recent EAD/AP approvals including mine are in a very close date range and mostly for the ppl who filed 495/765/131 with
I-140 receipt.

==>
Due to a significant increase in the number of concurrent filings of both Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker and I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Vermont Service Center INS has announced that it has abandoned its efforts to process forms I-140 within three months. Instead, Forms I-140 filed concurrently with Form I-485 will be reviewed for prima facie eligibility and Advance Parole and Employment Authorization Document applications will be adjudicated. The I-140 will then be returned to the I-140 / 485 backlog and processed in the order received. This processing information was provided via email from a Vermont Service Center representative.
<==

hi all

I dont how far it is true that after concurrent filling I140's are approved one by one. Because I filed my I140 in Feb. 2002 and I485 package together in sept. 2002, but no luck yet.
But, others, don't get disappointed after reading my case, may be I am unlucky in this case...

Yudhister what is your category.....

I think the 140's -- EB1 cases and the Labor Substitute cases are not approved for a while. If your(Yudhister's) 140 doesn't fall in these 2 category and pending from Feb'01, then how come they approve several May cases, by passing yours. Probably, you should call the IIO.

Hi again

I fall under EB3 and not LC substitution. I called my lawyer and even he says he cant do anything. He is a big "SOMETHING", unfortunately I think he does not know anything about INS, I keep telling him about the changes in the INS. Strangest thing is he doesnt even know about Homeland security Bill thing also.

_please dont mind me, I am little frustrated thinking why everything happens to me only....