A sincere request

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
I have been a beneficiary of this great community for the last couple of years. Now I see people moving on after getting their GC. Some like me can't leave even after the GC :) , but that's another story.

All this while I've been wondering if we could find a common ground beyond immigration where we could discuss all sorts of issues. After all, from the time we entered this country we've been struggling to fit in as immigrants. I'm sure our struggles won't be over just by the fact of getting the GC. I've found this forum to be a terrific support system that has guided me through the painful process of GC. And partly that is the reason I would hate to let go of it. On this forum I have met some great people who have made it their mission to help others. Every one with their littlest of effort could make a difference. I remember pouring over scores of entries in spreadsheets to create trackers of all kinds. I would spend hours doing that, simply because I though others could use it. It was a great feeling if indeed people used it and appreciated it.

So, I spent quite an effort last weekend to create a forum where people can talk about general topics other than immigration. I am counting on a lot of support from this community. I know there are knowledgeable folks out here who can provide valuable input on topics like law, finance, real estate, investing, taxes, higher education etc etc. Therefore I would urge you to please register on this site and start posting.

http://discussions.desiite.com

Please free to provide suggestions on what I can do to improve the site. Please don't hesitate to be critical, you won't hurt my feelings :)

Regards,

MA_Labor

Last edited by a moderator:
MA_Labor,
Good initiative. I have registered and sent a couple of posts and suggestions.
Keep up the Good work.

MA_Labor, it's a good initiative. I have registered under TriColor name...I'll chip in with my ideas time to time.

Thanks you guys. I knew that I could count on support from this forum.

Just to be clear, I have no other incentives for starting this forum. Just the satisfaction of creating something that can be useful to others.

Remember us when you issue IPO:)

MA_Labor, I guess you may come out with IPO once you get enough eye balls on this site.. who knows GOOG may buy you out...DONT FORGET US...let's us be the ORIGINAL FOUNDERS!!!!

Thanks you guys. I knew that I could count on support from this forum.

Just to be clear, I have no other incentives for starting this forum. Just the satisfaction of creating something that can be useful to others.

MA_Labor, I guess you may come out with IPO once you get enough eye balls on this site.. who knows GOOG may buy you out...DONT FORGET US...let's us be the ORIGINAL FOUNDERS!!!!

I won't. You guys get to buy the pre-IPO stocks and a free ride on my personal jet. How does that sound? Maybe I should add a daydreamers section :)

I have been a beneficiary of this great community for the last couple of years. Now I see people moving on after getting their GC. Some like me can't leave even after the GC :) , but that's another story.

All this while I've been wondering if we could find a common ground beyond immigration where we could discuss all sorts of issues. After all, from the time we entered this country we've been struggling to fit in as immigrants. I'm sure our struggles won't be over just by the fact of getting the GC. I've found this forum to be a terrific support system that has guided me through the painful process of GC. And partly that is the reason I would hate to let go of it. On this forum I have met some great people who have made it their mission to help others. Every one with their littlest of effort could make a difference. I remember pouring over scores of entries in spreadsheets to create trackers of all kinds. I would spend hours doing that, simply because I though others could use it. It was a great feeling if indeed people used it and appreciated it.

So, I spent quite an effort last weekend to create a forum where people can talk about general topics other than immigration. I am counting on a lot of support from this community. I know there are knowledgeable folks out here who can provide valuable input on topics like law, finance, real estate, investing, taxes, higher education etc etc. Therefore I would urge you to please register on this site and start posting.

http://discussions.desiite.com

Please free to provide suggestions on what I can do to improve the site. Please don't hesitate to be critical, you won't hurt my feelings :)

Regards,

MA_Labor

Great ... I just signed up..

It's a good initiative. I see myself posting there. I will register soon and reply to your posts.

btw I like the PJ of the day thread. Very funny!

Thanks Green_Always, hello.mohan, anandkan, zinchak, akilhere, kllatha, Luke Skywalker

Please register and submit your first post if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

MA_Labor