A scenario: fate and irony !!

Fiancee Visa

I'm sorry I don't know if I can provide useful info regarding this issue, but don't they have a fiancee visa whereby the fiancee can be brought in and then get married here and file for her AOS .

I had a cousin who had come here on a fiancee visa. Will try to get more info on the same if it applies to you .

Re: thanks all of you :)

Originally posted by the_matrix
But what if I get RFE ? ...does the marriage during that time would be looked at as a legal?

Anytime before the 485 approval is acceptable...

It's OVER

After reading all your replies, I explained to her my situation. I wrote her long e-mail and her 4 lines reply summarized the whole situation. I am posting it as it is:
------
i dont hve anything to say now.reality bites.some things r just impossibe to happen,we can put it this way its not in our fates to get together all our lives.wish u all the best for ur future,may u succeed in all ur endeaveours.i am kind of disturbed now igotta go.bye.
--------

Fate, it seems, is not without the sense of Irony.

Thanks all of you. I was overwhelmed with your response and now with sadness.

Dude

I hear u.... But u can always try to get a green card , projects and work. But its hard to get somebody good as ur life partner. I think life partner is more important than GC and work.

So go for the obvious one my dear friend. Dont take decisions in a hurry. You might repent them later.

DONT GIVE UP SO EASILY

All the best my dear friend.

~S

Anmol,
Getting Tourist visa for her is a risky bet, I have a friend who was also into small time modelling and was also working for an airlines in New delhi, she will get free passes to travel round the world through her airlines and with those free tickets she tried getting a visa on her own, but her visa was rejected , this was the explanation given to her verbatim - "You are beautiful, you may get married to somebody in USA and may never come back".
She got married a year later and applied for visa with her husband and this time they gave her the visa.
In my opinion speak with DESI Attorney(Rajeev Khanna or Sheila Murthy) and get their views on this matter.

Good Luck !!!!

well

You know If I decide to get married and book ticket to India then I will have my approval the day before I arrive in India. And then the whole thing is in toilet.

But if I don't then I may not see the approval for the next few weeks. Then I will regret not getting married....

I think some entity really gets a pleasure by playing games with me. I don't know whom to blame ..

Guys, I may sound a pessimist, but I am just rendering a face of reality. :)

Hmmm...

I think u'll be fine. As for as I know if u can show INS that u got married before ur approval, then u should be fine.

A while ago I saw somebody with the same situation. He got maried and came here, ready to apply i485 for his wife, then his case got approved.

Try to find out that thread. I dont think ur case doesn't look as bad as u think. May be its happening for for something good. May be that "some entity" wants u to get married right away.

Go for it dude. Opportunity dont keep knocking on ur door. So grab it while u can.

Good luck my dear friend. If I were u I would be in India by now ;)

cheers
Sudhi

PS: On another note. even if u get married after urs gets approved. She has to wait in india for upto 5 yrs, or u have to marry an ABCD. So go with ur heart dude.

Wake up Amol & Be a MAN

Amol,

First prepare a matrix for yourself & start weighing everything and make your decision"

Do you like her or is it because of GC?
Does she like you too?
Are parents playing double game here?

For what I know parents (boys side) do mess up things big time when marriage alliances are arranged if love is mixed with arranged marriage either b'cos of ego or b'cos of something else.

At the same time girls parents or girls these days are very smart if they are good looking and dont like to wait and its the best deal which they want to strike. No sentiments no word nothing.

Now before you mess up your head and hers (assuming both you guys are plain hearted), just pack up your stuff, Call, Convince and go.

Dont feel bad even if it hurts
"YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY ROCKET SCIENCE HERE AND YOUR PROJECT IS DEFINITELY NOT ANY NASA or better".

Also you are sure of getting GC so go for your life partner.
Till you marry you will not know the meaning of an ideal life partner. Sometimes it may be too late.

"Why dont you wake up and get your girl? All ifs and buts just mean that you dont have guts to take challenges or pessimistic"

This is my last posting on this thread my friend b'cos I am becoming senti with your life.

Last but not the least

If you think it is "THE WOMAN" which you are losing b'cos of GC and project, YOU WILL REPENT LATER. JUST TAKE A CHANCE.

Even if she has told "NO" in her mail. Everything can be changed by calling and talking to her on Phone.

Good Luck to you.

BVRV,

Thanks for your brotherly advice.

Also thanks all of you my friends ..you have my best wishes ..

regards ..