A request

ashikaul

Registered Users (C)
Is there anyone here who got his AP and EAD ( If so can you please check if your A#s are same on these two documents).

I got my AP from the NY office on Dec 23rd. The number on my AP is not my alien #. I asked the officer on the window and he said that it was an AP file number not my alien number and I should not worry about that number.

Did you get your EAD from New York. I am waiting for EAD appointment for over 3 months now. I have not gotten an appointment. They only allow 25 walkins everyday and it is impossible to do so. how long did it take you to get your ead appointment

Hi JyotiD
What you mean that AP is not your Alien Number ( what did you compare it with? Do you already have an Alien number?).

The file number is the alien number. ( Your alien number will be something like A9594xxxx... RIght?)

I applied in Aug and got my AP in Oct and my EAD in Dec. However I got my EAD appointment Letter in Aug end itself.

You are right : they are taking only first 25 walkin. You can try by reaching INS office at 5am in the morning. Actually its not that bad considering they let you into that shed which has heating rods on top .
Please answer my question above about your Alien Number

Hi: I applied for an emergency AP last year and got it on the same day. The coloumn which said file number actually did have my alien number in it (I had an alien number from my student days). The alien number had a 0 missing in between. I left the country and came back on that AP. After which I got my new employment authorazation card based on my AOS application. It had a different alien number. I asked the officer and she said my student day alien number was not valid anymore.

Meanwhile my AP expired and I applied for a new one which I got on dec 23, 2002. It again had a different number starting with A. I went back to the officer who issued it and told him that the number they put against the file number coloumn is not my alien number. He said that it is okay, that is some AP file number for there internal purposes. So I left.

I think your alien number is what is on your EAD. Don't worry about the AP number. (not legal advice). I hope I have not confused you more...I will try going there at 5 in the morning next week to renew my EAD.

Hello Jyoti
Thanks for replying back. My AP (which has File Number which is same as A#) and EAD have 2 different A#s.
I went to INS office the other day and went to room 800 on 8th floor ( first went to 3rd floor for info and explained the situation was given a green paper and went to room 800 (NOT ROOM 100) on 8th floor. There I repeated my story . and the lady said "Advance Parole people always do that and she said we will have to link these files together.Also she said I did a good thing by bringing this to their notice. But your Advance Parole is ok."

So you can do same if you want . Also about going to INS NY be there at 5 and wear a lot of clothes - especially a jacket with a hood or a cap. Its really windy there.
Good luck.
It seems only we two are from INS NY right now. So lets keep updating each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same day EAD

Hi,

I just got my EAD thru the same day processes. I went on 14th Jan early morning and went thru the normal inquiry process floor 3, floor 8 etc and was thrown out without much success. But was told at floor 3 that if i try the next day being first 25 I might stand a chance. So went again on 15th and tried to be there before 5.30 am. Already 200 or so folks were there and 25 nos were already registered. However I waited to try my luck, on entering the INS I went staright to Floor 9. There I found myself to be one of the early person entering, there they gave me a saffron color form, asked me to fill and stand in the que. By 12.30 pm I walked out with an EAD. 15th Jan was the 60th day from my application receipt.

It is cold like hell. Go very warm and try to be early. I was told that the first 25 have been waiting the entire night. Some from previous day.

Hope this helps

Hello,

I guess your guys are all from New York. Could you kindly read my post? Could you kindly tell me if your application receipts are same as mine? Thanks.

Sboray:

I was learned from this discussion board: a person could go to local INS to ask for iEAD only if he had received the receipt for longer than 90 days. How could you get EAD so early? Did you prepare some strong reason to explain that your case was very urgent? Is your EAD an interim EAD?

If a person planed to try a same day EAD in New York INS office, should he go through the normal inquiry process floor 3, floor 8, then floor 9 or directly go to floor 9? -What's the nomal room order for the process of same day EAD?

Thanks.

Habby

By law if you donot get EAD within 90 days INS you become eligible for interim-EAD .
YOu can walk in NY city office. And go directly to EAD section ( NOT 3rd floor). I think its 9th floor.And tell them that you have been waiting more than 90 days.
But the cactch in NY is that you should be among first 25 people.

So goto INS office before 5am ( the earlier the better) in the morning and trust me you will find already 10-15 people ahead of you. Wear a lot of clothes ;-)
Then go directly to 9th floor

Good luck.

NOTE: This is not a legal advice.

Same day EAD

Interim EAD is no more processed. InsTead one year valid EAD is being given the same day. Go straight to the 9th floor. Ensure that you have a photocopy of the INS receipt (the yellow slip). Ask for a form for same day EAD (saffron or pink some such color). If you are asked to go thru 3rd floor then rush down. But first try straight at 9th floor. They did not want to hear any sob sob story. They said if u want EAD today then just fill this and stand in the queue. If all the documentation is ok then the same day you will get EAD valid for one year.

Be very early in the queue. At 5 am already some 150+ people were there. The first 25 were waiting mostly entire night. After I went up I was told that they would give some 50+ EADs that day.

Good luck

Thanks for replies.

The slip I received is also yellow color. I am not sure if it is the one you mentioned. It is a piece of small paper, exactly same as the receipt when we received from shopping. My receipt is printed as follow:
U. S. I. N. S.
FEE RECEIPT
A CENTURY OF SERVICE

Date N.Y. C

O*#
Surname, First Name#

The next few lines are dollar amount for I-485, I130, I765. On the left bottom of this paper, there is a number: it starts with 4-digit number followed by small 3-digit number.

Thanks.

I plan to apply for same Day EAD to New York INS office soon. I am not sure if the place I should go is the same one where I mailed the application( ie. 26 Federal Plaza, New York).

I think probablly I should provide the local office all of the copies of my application forms again, but should I also gave them my photos again?

Thanks.

Habby

can i renew my ead same way w/o receipt

my question is:

can i renew my ead using the same day service while applying and paying them in person on the same day. (i have not mailed my application yet)?

Is having a receipt of mailed-out application a precondition to use this same day service?

new york green card processing is really slow.

Re: can i renew my ead same way w/o receipt

You should apply for an EAD renewal atleast 90 days before your original one expires.

EAD same day

First mail in your application and get the receipt then after 90 days one can go in person stand in the queue (be among the first 25) with the yellow receipt fill the form again and EAD will be given the same day. I went on 60th day got EAD same day and went 90th day got AP same day.

hope this helps