A question

prasadc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I received a RFE and we responded to it. BCIS received it on 8/14/2003. After couple of weeks we received our second fingerprint(me and my wife) notice. It is due for tomorrow 9/23/03. With best of your experiences are we out of the woods yet. Or is it a toss up.

Info as always is highly appreciated.

I think you are close to approval.

Did you receive message " We received your response..blah blah..
and will send you written notice...."

i.e. in between your sending RFE Response and FP notice....

If so You are in good shape.

I called the BCIS yesterday. They said that the processing of your case stops when an RFE is issued and it's resumed when RFE is processed. In my case the RFE was for July 8th and it was processed on Aug 26, so according to BCIS info, the processing stopped for about 1.5 months or more.

They said that the average processing time for an I-485 in Nebraska center now is 24 months and anytime there is an RFE, add the time it takes to process it to the total. They told me to call them back after 25-26 months from the RD date if the case is still pending, only then they will send a case inquiry.

I always thought that an RFE means that you are getting closer, they made it sound like it's delaying your case.

Don't know what to think now, driving me crazy being like that in a limbo...

Prasadc,

I responded my RFE and BCIS received on 06/10/2003 and online updated. I gave my 2nd FP on 08/28/03 and FBI sent to BCIS on 08/28 to BCIS.. No news yet...

RD: Nov'01

Approval is close

What I gathered from fellow surfer from this site I can tell both prasadc and ChiGC00 that your approval is just a matter of couple of days away. Call FBI to check whether the FP is send back to BCIS. If it did keep close eye both on your mail box and on-line status. You guys are out of woods for sure.

RFE etc does delay your case, because once they sent out the inquiry, the case will be put on hold until they receive the result back. That's why in good old days, receive a RFE is not a welcomed activity with one's case. However, nowadays, people in general welcome RFEs because compare with no movement/news at all, at least someone is looking into your case. You know sometimes I felt like this poor blind people that takes every little possible evidence to make all kinds of assumptions which might be complete wrong, but given the situation like this, what can we say. Reading and responding this web site is more like a way to vent, or even more, when you see other ppl's pain, your pain seems more bearable. In morden term, we are all in this giant suport group and being suport to each other, aren't we??!!

My case is also similar to prasadc and ChiGC00. I responded to the RFE and they received it on May 2nd. I have the 2nd FP on Sep 30.

RD Nov 30 2001
________

Peace

wandergirlus,

you are absolutely right, this forum is like a support group and an RFE with case delay is better than no news at all for months and months!

Thanks for sharing your info guys. It makes it so much easier to deal with when you know that there are other people out there in the same situation as you are!

Let's hope that new FY starting next week will bring us some luck!