• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A question to afraid

zaryun

Registered Users (C)
Afraid,

I have a question:
I am the only one in my family who is still waiting for the NameCheck (others got their passports stamped) and I have to go out of the country for couple of weeks. I decided to apply for Advance parole.

What do you think, should I submit it to my local USCIS, since I already had my interview there? Or to the Chicago lockbox?

And what did you write in the letter of explanation for why do you need it?

Thanks a lot,

Can't u wait anymore? I mean, if u apply for advance parole it will take a while until it gets done. You should now that. By that time, u could get ur i485 approved. It has been a month since u submited ur FP. I think, everything is going to be done in a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmz

Thanks! I hope you are right! My impression from nameCheck siyuation is that it is either really quick (my husband had his passport stamped less than two weeks after the fingerprints) or it is really long (months, up till end of September for some people on this forum last year).
And i have to leave the country at the end of May for family purposes.
So i do not see why i can not invest 170$ (what is 170 when i already spent more than 2000 on this immigration process) to get Advance parol.
In our local office it takes 5 weeks as I saw on USCIS site.

But I do not know where should I file it? Chicago or local?

U need to file to

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

But read the instructions. Make sure u do everything right.

Thanks for your reply.
Yesterday i read on USCIS site that if you have I-485 pending, you can e-file I-131 (advance parol). Do you know if it is true for us, DV AOSers?

I think it's true, but i am not sure. You can call to customer service and ask.

zaryun said:
Afraid,

I have a question:
I am the only one in my family who is still waiting for the NameCheck (others got their passports stamped) and I have to go out of the country for couple of weeks. I decided to apply for Advance parole.

What do you think, should I submit it to my local USCIS, since I already had my interview there? Or to the Chicago lockbox?

And what did you write in the letter of explanation for why do you need it?

Thanks a lot,

The best thing you can do is to go to your local USCIS office and ask them or call the customer cervice. They can tell you exactly what to do.
I have sent my forms I131 and I765 to Chicago along with the rest of the documents.
I just wrote the reason why I need to go back to my country: like: visit family members , wedding, see with my husband etc.

afraid

Last edited by a moderator: