A question for goastros and other Senior Members???!!!

nfn

Registered Users (C)
ANOTHER question for goastros and other Senior Members???!!!

EIGHTEEN DAYS have passed since the CIS mailed my approved AP (March 12, 2004 according to on-line Case Status). Is this normal? In the past, I've been receiving approvals within 5-7 days max. TSC is less than FIVE HOURS drive from where I live!!!

I called the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. The lady said that I need to call back AFTER THIRTY DAYS (April 13). She refused to confirm the address that was sent to. She refused that I speak to somebody who might have details.

Background info: I changed my address after filing for EADs and APs. I sent an official change of address forms (AR-11) for both my wife and myself. We both received our EADs at the NEW address.

Is it possible that they sent my approved AP to the wrong address? THAT WOULD BE REALLY SCARY! If they sent it to my old address, it should have been forwarded to my new address by now. Almost every other day I receive forwarded mail from my old address.

I was wondering if EIGHTEEN DAYS waiting time is normal. Is there anything I can do?

I appreciate your input.

Good Luck to ALL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a senior member but know one thing for sure. Mail from BCIS NEVER gets forwarded to your new address. It goes back to them probably since it contains sensitive information.
You will have to let them know of your change in address so they can mail it to your current address.

You change of address is the main issue.

Our address was changed during 485 process.

My approval came at new address.

For my wife and child - they still had old address - approval was marked for old address.

Call them and update them with new address and ask them to resend. You can try. It may work.

check the online status again.

Hi,
I had the same problem for me and my spouse. My ND for AP is sep 2003. I checked the online status on 25th Feb and saw the message as "This case has been approved on 23rd Feb. And the approval papers will be mailed....etc" I was waiting for the papers for 14 days and still did not get any of the papers. I changed my address 6 mopnths ago and I confirmed it with Texas INS. I got my ead papers to the new address without any problem. Finally On Mar 5th I checked the online status, and at that time the message has been changed to "This case is approved. The documents have been mailed on March 5th.....etc" Exactly after 5 days we both got our papers. Sometimes even though our case has been approved on a particular date, they don't mail the paper until later.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

sar_98
-ND-jan 2nd 2002

nfn boy and sar_98 boy

when i changed my address, my attorney asked me to do BOTH:
1). ar-11 form
2). call (800) 375-5283

my attoney said that ar-11 goes to dhs (department of home security), and (800) 375-5283 really goes to ins system, for any reason, those two systems can not share info completely (only partly when ins merged to dhs) so far. it was unbelievable, that happened to me around last july. who knows those two systems share info now or not

any girls and boys want to change address, it should be a good idea that you do BOTH. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ADDTX
Not a senior member but know one thing for sure. Mail from BCIS NEVER gets forwarded to your new address. It goes back to them probably since it contains sensitive information.
You will have to let them know of your change in address so they can mail it to your current address.

addtx, that is not necessarily true.
Mail from BCIS is "not supposed" to get forwarded to your new address.
NEVER is not the right word. with BCIS/USCIS anything works..

The reason I say this is because & NFN , you too can make your deduction -
I sent AR-11 to the KY address & called on phone in Sep 03 abt my change of addr.
Our APs got approved after that in end of Sep 03 and the AP approvals I rec'd had inside the new address with the barcodes.
But the outside envelope had still the old address and the mail had been correctly forwarded to our new address.

I know another guy on the forum Americandesi, who got his AP
forwarded at the correct address but his wife's AP never got forwarded inspite of him sending a AR-11 form.
He was a TSC guy who moved to AZ and then filed with CSC.
He had then filed a service error and kept on pestering ( in his own words) CSC.
Do a search on AmericanDesi or wasAmericandesi and you will find his messages.

The point here is - with USCIS , what works for goose may not work for gander.
what address works for EAD , may not work for AP
what address works for husband , may not work for wife..

NFN, maybe give a week or so. Have you called the 800 number to give your change of address?

Thank you guys for your reply.

Please note the following:

1. My wife and I received our EADs at the NEW address.

2. Case Status on-line states that my approved AP has been MAILED (NOT JUST APPROVED) on March 12, 2004.

3. I sent THREE AR-11. One to TSC, one to London, KY (special registration), and one to D.C. Along with each AR-11, I sent a cover letter indicating the change of address and requesting confirmation.

4. I did NOT call to change address. Maybe I should.

I thought receiving our EADs at the NEW address was a sufficient confirmation.

Maybe NOT...

The approval notice you are supposed to receive at your home address is the courtesy copy. INS also sends an official copy to your immigration lawyer. That is the case for all the people in my company (>100 approvals). You should ask your lawyer to forward you the official approval notice.
Anyway you still need to address the issue with your home address because INS will use that to send your plastic card.

Are you sure???!!!

texasgc2004,

It is my Advance Parole that I'm talking about.

Are you sure just a courtesy copy will be sent to me?

I remember that in the case of my first AP, the orginal was sent to me and to my wife...Actually, my lawyer got NOTHING. He actually asked me to send him a copy.

Please rethink what you wrote...and let me know....

Thank you!

Good news

My lawyer just e-mailed me that she received my AP.

Maaaaan, it seems that with all these many applications filed and looooong waiting times I got confused :confused:

I could swear that my wife and I received our first AP directly and that our lawyer asked us for copies :eek:

I hope by the time I get my GC I?ll still have some brains left :D

Thanx folks! and Good Luck to ALL!

I had 4 EAD and 4 AP before I got my GC. I remembered I received 8 EAD (including four for my wife) at my home address. All the 8 APs were received by lawyer and forwarded to me.