A question: Before FP done for 6/3, got a notice for case transfer?

daniel Qin

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I got a FP notice on May 1, schedual for June3. However, some days later May 6. I got another notice: case tranferred to local office, and it also mention that the preliminary processing for application has been completed...
I wonder why INS transfer my case to local before they get FP (after 6/3). It is for interview or other things, I do not know. By the way Here is the Information
EB2
RD Dec. 12 2001
ND Dec. 20 2001
FP notice May 1, schedual June 3
Transfer notice May 6 2001

I believe it is too early for Transfer case. Is it right or please give me your common!!!

This is unusual...

Could you please post the details of your transfer letter?
What state are you from?
Is your case simple or you have some complications?
I never seen anything like this on this board so far...
I\'d appreciate your reply.

If you EAC number is there and

all your personal data is correct then it should not be a mistake. You may want to wait for a notification from your local INS center. You can also check this board for people who got local transfers in MD and find out how long it takes to schedule an interview there.

What did your letter say? Did they tell you to wait for the notice from the local INS center?

No Title

Thank you,Maroussia,
The notice said:
The preliminary application has been completed (what is meant?), the case has been transferred to local office in Baltimore... They will notify you when they schedual an interview.

Still my question, Before FP they receive, why did they transfer to local office? Interviw is OK but My RD is Dec 12, is it too early?
Thank you once more

it is too early, but you never now...

Maybe you will be the lucky one and you get your case approved very soon (depending on when will be your interview scheduled).
They probably completed preliminary processing and decided to transfer your case to the local office to reduce Vermont\'s workload. Who knows... When you go for your fingerprinting and if you don\'t hear from Baltimore office by then, you may take your transfer notice with you and try check with Baltimore INS what\'s the status of your transfer and when they will schedule your interview. If your case is simple and you get interview date soon, you may be really lucky, because they may approve your case right at the interview.