A question about travelling to Canada

wy007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm planing to travel to Canada for 1 week. My question is: how to bring money there? Do they accept US dollars or US credit/debit cards? Plz feel free to leave a word.

Thank you!

well...u surely can use visa. but obviously u cannt withdraw any money from their ATM machine.

Most big store accept US dollar with low exchange rate. so i would suggest u to exchange some canadian at your local bank

kaoticfury said:
well...u surely can use visa. but obviously u cannt withdraw any money from their ATM machine.

Most big store accept US dollar with low exchange rate. so i would suggest u to exchange some canadian at your local bank

What are you talking about? ATMs can be used anywhere in this world. I took out money in Germany...also in Thailand once from an ATM account.

do not worry. just take ur US dollars, it can be accpeted in most stores and gas stations there in most border cities.

wantmygcnow said:
What are you talking about? ATMs can be used anywhere in this world. I took out money in Germany...also in Thailand once from an ATM account.

hum..thats odd....i cannt withdraw money from their ATM by using my check card.... :(

Thank you, guys!

I have another question: when filling the visa application, do we use the "Book#" in RTD instead of the Passport no.?

wy007 said:
Thank you, guys!

I have another question: when filling the visa application, do we use the "Book#" in RTD instead of the Passport no.?

i used RTD # since my Passport expired

So, using the book # in RTD?

BTW, what's the type of your RTD? Mine is "TP". WHat's that?

wy007 said:
So, using the book # in RTD?

BTW, what's the type of your RTD? Mine is "TP". WHat's that?

Type of RTD? Why do you care? Well TP means temporary. Put your book # which is printed on every page of your RTD and stop worrying about TP..thats internal code for USCIS.

Thank you! The book # is printed only on the first and the last page of my RTD, not every one. I don't know if they made some changes recently since I received it in Jul.

BTW, TP seems not reliable. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring your I-94 with you because you will be asked for it. There used to be no visa required, you just have to have RTD. But things change after 9-11.

You can't use Discover card, while Visa, MC & Amex are ok.

I am telling you, if they are as efficient as Canadians, we will see all of our cases approved within 3 months of filing.

Last edited by a moderator:
wy007 said:
I got the visa! Mailed last Monday; mailed back this Monday. They are quick!

Hi WY007:

Could you please tell me which city did you send your application?

How long it takes to get the visa?

Did you send letter of invitation?

Thanks a lot, Cl_Asylee