• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A question about affidavit of support

robediente

Registered Users (C)
if i have a sponsor, after to fill affidavit of support, my sponsor must send the document to the USCIS? or it can send me an afidavit of support without signature of officer from the USCIS and I only go with my affidavit of support to the embassy of my country?

hi,

Your question was not clear but am going to try and explain.

The affidavit of support is filled by your sponser, she/he signs and an officer (commissioner for oths) in the USA has to sigh(which is called commissioning). thats when its sent Back to you or the embassy where your going for the interview.

Usually its advisable to send a copy to the consulate (after your date for the intervies is confirmed) and a copy is sent to you ( faxing).

You should have a copy of it when you get to the embassy.

Take care

Form I-134, Affidavit of Support must bring to US Embassy if you do CP. You already did your interview, right? I think the consular gave you a notice of missing document (affidavit of support) during interview. After you get this doc, you need to go to embassy again to submit it.

good morning,

I have a question regarding the I134 affidavit of support. if it is to be sent to support parents for visa, does it have to be a certain amount of income for one person? also, are there any other documents to be sent with it to support tourist visa for parents?
your help is very appreciated.:)