a potential good news for name check victims

freemanUSA

Registered Users (C)
I got this email today form TSC:

=============================
The FBI has a backlog of cases like we do, and have not completed processing of your security checks. We are awaiting new guidance from HQ that would allow us to process your case, as well as many others, before completion
of the checks. It is hoped to be finalized some time next month. Please allow 45 days before your next inquiry.

TSC Asylum Duty Officer.

Name check delays baffle me.... We are about to send in our I-485s and, while reading this forum is helpful, my anxiety levels are peaking as there are so many ways our AOS process can get messed up :(

I got this email today form TSC:

The FBI has a backlog of cases like we do, and have not completed processing of your security checks. We are awaiting new guidance from HQ that would allow us to process your case, as well as many others, before completion
of the checks. It is hoped to be finalized some time next month. Please allow 45 days before your next inquiry.

TSC Asylum Duty Officer.

Thanks for sharing this info man, I am also stuck in nc since jun 2004 and have been sending letters to everyone from the First lady to the congressman, I hope they will implement this soon...lets keep our fingers crossed.

This is the e-mail I got from Tsc on 6/18/2007

Your case is taking so long to process because of the FBI background checks. They have been pending since 2005. We cannot give you a speciific date as to how long they will take but once those clear we will work your case.

TSC Asylum Duty Officer.

So How do you explain all of this??

I am just confused:(
They are either lying to you or me or anyone else for that matter.:mad:

Has any emailed the FBI lately?? If the answer to my question is yes then how long it took them to respond to your email??

Please elaborate.
Would they respond to an email? Will they at least tell me when they received my name for the check?

i did call the FBI

hey guys i did call the fbi when i get the same email from tsc officer and i spoke to a very nice lady she asked me about my alien#,she told me this:we did receive your fingerprints on apr 6th 2006 and we clear it and sent it back to uscis 24hrs later here is the nuber you can call:3046252000 in west virginia
so there is something wrong @uscis i think it's not fair to blaim the fbi.
when u call this number follow the instruction to speak to a customer serv rep..

name check issues

name check is totally different from calling that FBI phone number. That phone number is solely for fingerprints and if the FBI cleared them. The only way to find out if you are stuck in name check is to find out through info pass or asking your senator or congress person to find why a case is still not being processed. I am personally stuck in FBI background check since 2005 and that is apparently different from name check. Is that true??

I agree with you, Bakeral. Before I got my final approval for asylum, I was told by the office that there were serval checks, included fingerprint, namecheck, background check, etc.

My feeling is, once you been checked by FBI for asylum, then the new check for these items will be relatively easier, since FBI already has previous documents before asylum, so they only need to check for the period after.

Am I correct?

name check confusion

I really don't know. I'm not sure if name check and background check are the same thing. Alot of people think that the name check is the hardest to clear. When I got my e-mail from TSC, I was told my FBI background check is pending. When I went to infopass, I was told exactly the same thing. So I think my issue is a background check which includes a name check. I applied for my I - 485 on September 2005 and did code 1 and code 3 biiometrics so far and also submitted my medical. So my application is complete and I am just waiting for my background check to clear. I find it some how strange that background checks are performed before being granted asylum and you have to go through all this mess again when you apply for your green card and citizenship. Why all this red tape when you have already been screened as an asylee:confused:

Good luck