A# not matchable at Social Security Office

dallasdoc

Registered Users (C)
My wife went to the social securtiy office today to apply for SSNo. Her EAD was approved on 24th October. The official said that the A# on her EAD card (same as 485 receipt) is pulling up another person. He just casually handed a letter stating the problem and asked her to contact USCIS about it and get the number changed. Any ideas?

Call USCIS and notify them the situation observed at the SSN office. Usually this could be some sort of Typographic error in USCIS part. And if it is then it can be rectified, they will provide you with a tracking number and will have a 45 day turnaround time. They will send you notification when their Database is updated as well.

If it is not something that USCIS can rectify from their side, or if you think that all the info on your 485 receipt is correct, try a different SS office in your area.

since u went immediately after u got the EAD it happens

Call USCIS and notify them the situation observed at the SSN office. Usually this could be some sort of Typographic error in USCIS part. And if it is then it can be rectified, they will provide you with a tracking number and will have a 45 day turnaround time. They will send you notification when their Database is updated as well.

If it is not something that USCIS can rectify from their side, or if you think that all the info on your 485 receipt is correct, try a different SS office in your area.

Hi,

I got my EAD card on 27th with notice date of 10/22. I went to SSN office on 29th and the counter lady told me they are not able to access the information when they enter my details on their website. She also said it may be because of I went soon and said it may take about 10 days to get updated. She gave me a letter mentioning I have applied for SSN and it may take upto 4 weeks to verify and issue SSN. Orally she told me it may come in 10 days.
But in your case as you said when they enter A# number some other details are coming. May be u should call USCIS and get clarified.

I went to infopass appointment today which was a failure.They confirmed that my wife's A# is indeed given to someone before and asked me to write to TSC about it. There is no infopass there. I called the national service number and asked them to look into it. She gave me a long number of my service request starting with TIN...... Is there a way to track it online?

If I were you I would follow up with a certified mail to TSC detailing the problem. You never know if the CS explained the situation correctly, especially in a brief online message - so called service request. Even if you can track it online it doesn't show you the result.

Mention the tracking number if you do write to them.