A new visa, H-5A and H-5B -- New Bill

Create a poll kind of mechanism to count how many are writing to senators.

That will encourge the passive/lazy guys to write.

Email To Rajiv

Guys,

I sent an email to Rajiv Khanna and also copied all of you that have expressed an interest to meet with Sen. Kennedy in MA. If you did not receive my email please respond, so that I can include you.

Will get a draft petition (for petitiononline.com) hopefully in a day or two.

Hope we would get some attention somewhere.

Later.

Last edited by a moderator:
meg_z said:
Emailed both senators Kennedy and McCain. Will draft the letter for radio talke show. Thanks.

Which radio talk show? Where and when is it being aired?

CA_LC

GCBy2010 said:
Guys,

I sent an email to Rajiv Khanna and also copied all of you that have expressed an interest to meet with Sen. Kennedy in MA. If you did not receive my email please respond, so that I can include you.

Will get a draft petition (for petitiononline.com) hopefully in a day or two.

Hope we would get some attention somewhere.

Later.

GCBy2010, Thanks for all the effort.

FYI - Lou Dobbs (CNN) talked about the Immigration Bill yesteday but not in details really, none of the issues we are worried about. He was also talking with a Latino Lobbying representative which obviously is for the bill so I hope he'll be bringing in Kennedy or McCain later this week about it.

Excellent effort, bjorn. I was trying to find them but glad that you found and post it here. I sent email to everyone in immigration subcommittee. Hope everyone does that too.

bjorn said:
Below is a link to the Immigration... Subcommittee.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/subcommittees/immigration109.cfm

These are the Senators that are involded in the bill. Go on google and type in their names and get their contact information and e-mail all of them. I did that in an effort to bring up the H-1B clause for their bill proposal.

kewl said:
Excellent effort, bjorn. I was trying to find them but glad that you found and post it here. I sent email to everyone in immigration subcommittee. Hope everyone does that too.

I am not a good writer. Can you please send me your email format and the email addresses? I would like to send it to them ASAP.

Just we have to send email in our own worrds? or do you have any format any where?

Can someone provide emails for the senetors?, please.

Immigration subcomm list:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/subcommittees/immigration109.cfm

Search each senator name into google and you will find link of that senator's homepage. Find "contact" link from homepage where you can send email to senator. Most of senator's homepage don't provide email address but there is email form which you can fill and send.

For email format, please check page 2 of this thread.,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174962&page=2&pp=15

CA_LC said:
I am not a good writer. Can you please send me your email format and the email addresses? I would like to send it to them ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I sent the immigration subcommittee

Dear Senator,

I just finished reading the bill you are sponsoring on the proposed H-5 visa with great interest and discouragement: I am missing something essential: where does it talk about better provisions for legal workers currently on an H-1B visa status?

I am extremely discouraged to learn that if the current bill (“The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005”) passes, illegal immigrants can obtain a legal temporary working visa (H-5) that will qualify them for legal permanent residency status after 4 years without going through the labor certification process. This is a ‘punch in the face’ to us who have studied and worked in the US for a long time but now face the reality of having to depart the US if our labor certifications are not approved, all while illegal immigrants can enter today and in four years become legal residents if the proposed bill passes.

If a goal of US immigration is to become more fair and reasonable, why then are illegal immigrants rewarded while legal foreign national workers on H-1B visas are punished? We would be much more enthusiastic about provisions like the ones proposed for H-5 visas if the present H-1 and H-1B visas would be endowed with the same benefits such as being able to petition a permanent residency without an employer sponsor after extended work periods in the US and the opportunity to allow our spouses to work as well. Why extend these wonderful benefits to illegal immigrants and not to legal temporary workers? This causes the bizarre situation that legal H-1B workers may ensure that they become illegal so they can apply for the H-5 visa and through that become permanent residents much easier.

Comparing the present H-1B with H-5 is in essence a 'punch to the face' for legal immigrants since the H-5 has so many obvious advantages. Are you really trying to tell the honest, skilled, talented, and highly educated people of the world that America is not ready to embrace them since they entered the US legally, while the US is more than happy to embrace uneducated people who have entered the US illegally?

Therefore I urge you to add a provision in your “The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005” that gives H-1B workers at least the same rights and immigration benefits as the ones you intend to extend to illegal immigrants though the H-5 visas.

I also sent something similar

bjorn said:
Dear Senator,

I just finished reading the bill you are sponsoring on the proposed H-5 visa with great interest and discouragement: I am missing something essential: where does it talk about better provisions for legal workers currently on an H-1B visa status?

I am extremely discouraged to learn that if the current bill (“The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005”) passes, illegal immigrants can obtain a legal temporary working visa (H-5) that will qualify them for legal permanent residency status after 4 years without going through the labor certification process. This is a ‘punch in the face’ to us who have studied and worked in the US for a long time but now face the reality of having to depart the US if our labor certifications are not approved, all while illegal immigrants can enter today and in four years become legal residents if the proposed bill passes.

If a goal of US immigration is to become more fair and reasonable, why then are illegal immigrants rewarded while legal foreign national workers on H-1B visas are punished? We would be much more enthusiastic about provisions like the ones proposed for H-5 visas if the present H-1 and H-1B visas would be endowed with the same benefits such as being able to petition a permanent residency without an employer sponsor after extended work periods in the US and the opportunity to allow our spouses to work as well. Why extend these wonderful benefits to illegal immigrants and not to legal temporary workers? This causes the bizarre situation that legal H-1B workers may ensure that they become illegal so they can apply for the H-5 visa and through that become permanent residents much easier.

Comparing the present H-1B with H-5 is in essence a 'punch to the face' for legal immigrants since the H-5 has so many obvious advantages. Are you really trying to tell the honest, skilled, talented, and highly educated people of the world that America is not ready to embrace them since they entered the US legally, while the US is more than happy to embrace uneducated people who have entered the US illegally?

Therefore I urge you to add a provision in your “The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005” that gives H-1B workers at least the same rights and immigration benefits as the ones you intend to extend to illegal immigrants though the H-5 visas.
Good job and I strongly urge everyone to send your letters to all members of the Subcommitte of Immigration (be it Republicans or Democrats). Let them hear our concerns.

Hi Everyone,

When you send emails to senetoers, please include to "Cure for the Retrogression" in addintion to inclsion of H1B in new bill.

Because Hi-Tech jobs are very highly paid jobs we do not know when we loose jobs. So we should get GC as soon as possible. If this pass, there 400000 (H5) + 65000 (H1B) + ???(H1C) + ??? (H2A) + ??? (H2B) + etc nonimmigrant visas against 289000 GC. 289000 GC are very less against demand.

Please include in your email to retrgression problem.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I am not attorney and it is guess,