A NEW ERA Begins for Tufan!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Don't worry about how pathetic the stamp looks. The main thing is your number. I'll be traveling on mine next week.
:) :) :)

Congratulations Tufan!! Thanks for the nice detailed description of the interview, I am sure it will help a lot of people, maybe we should save this thread in the FAQs thread.

Congrats, am verry happy for you. For some, things just come the hard way :)

Quick question, why did the officer investigate/asked for your birth certificate. Did they ask for one in your approval letter? One of my friends who got stamped recently, took only the papers asked for and birth certificate was not one of them.

Congrats Tufan!!! Best of luck to your feature.....

Thanks for the detailed explanation. it is worth reading....

quick question
When your case transfered to Atlanta, how many days it took to call fo rinterview??

Gorilla said:
Congrats Tufan!!! Best of luck to your feature.....

Thanks for the detailed explanation. it is worth reading....

quick question
When your case transfered to Atlanta, how many days it took to call fo rinterview??

Firstly, thanks everyone for your well wishes! Reading kudos from you is even much better than getting green card. It really means a lot seeing so many people care for you. thanks once again.

Dear Buddy Gorilla, my case was transferred to Atlanta in May 2004. I was in touch with local senator in South Carolina since i live in South Carolina. Basically, Vermont transfers case to District office, which is Atlanta. And Atlatna further distributes the case to Carolina or any other city where sub-offices exists.

Basically to answer your question i got an interview in 7 months. That too Charleston is processing Dec 2001 cases.

DHARMA16 said:
Congrats, am verry happy for you. For some, things just come the hard way :)

Quick question, why did the officer investigate/asked for your birth certificate. Did they ask for one in your approval letter? One of my friends who got stamped recently, took only the papers asked for and birth certificate was not one of them.

Dharma, from what i realized in the interview. Birth Certificates are very very essential. When i had filed my I-485 three years ago, i gave copy of my birth certificate without the name. The birth certficate is the true identity and it speaks for you that you indeed are the person to this petition. Passport, school certificates, College degree's, H-1B stamp, EAD card everything is useless. None of these are made based upon your birth certicate and i can bet you on that.

Basically, the officer wanted to verify my name and DOB on my Birth Certificate. My name was not registered at that time. Therefore, she was upset. Anyways.. the affidavits from relative and parents work in these situations. But you know Affidavits are funny looking from India, therefore, again she was scratching her head.

Maybe your friend's copy of Birth certificate was fine and that's the reason the officer did not ask. Just imagine all inteview are different!!!!

Thanks 'Tufan' . really a big releif for you...... try to apply citizen card after 6 years because now a days trend changed last come first out.

Gorilla said:
Thanks 'Tufan' . really a big releif for you...... try to apply citizen card after 6 years because now a days trend changed last come first out.

Something Interesting, yes you have to live 32 months before you could apply for Citizenship.

I wonder what my GC will state as i told the officer i have been in the country since 1991. I don't think it really makes a difference. But we should all get some break for time we lost in the backlog!!!!

Tufan,
Now its time that you should calm down and relax! I am really very happy for you and I wish you all the best in the future GC endeavours. :)

Congrats

Hi Tufan

Congrats for your long journey of 14 years and thanks for long email of your interview.

I had stamped at Charleston office in October and I also feel the officers are very efficient eventhough I did not had any interview experience. Just went to stamp the passport and all done at the counter itself.

I hope all good thing comes with patience at its right moment.

Best of luck for future journey of citizenship.