A new case tracking / status email service by USCIS

registrationid

Registered Users (C)
There is a new way to track case using automated email. Sign up for this service as "Customer" on the USCIS web site:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

After signing up, add the cases to your portfolio. An interesting insight can be obtained once this is done. One would see the actual date when the case was last touched. For e.g. my Receipt date is Sep27,2003. WHen i added the case to the portfolio, I noticed that my case was last updated ( thus I extrapolate that it was last handled by some officer) on Dec 11,2003. There has seems to be no activity on my case for the last 4 months!!.

Atleast now I know it was touched by somebody rather than having to see the old status message of inprocess!

registrationid, Thanks for the link.

I regsitered and observed one thing. My ND for I140 is 11/04 and for I485 is 11/18. After i added both the cases to my profile, the last updated date was 11/21 for both of them. They would update/link I485 application with I140 number, but iam not sure why I140 info was touched on that day.

This is helpful

I did try this out. This is very helpful if you have (as most of us do) multiple case numbers. You can add all your cases to your profile, and it will show the details for all cases similtaneously, plus it has the feature to upadate you by email.

Thanks registrationid for finding this and sharing this !

sertra2002.

When does one..

.. receive the email with case status update. Is it only when a case is approved or whenever it is touched.

Thanks / titu

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks registrationid for this link. I did try this and I am not sure what does it mean
My RD 01/13/04 and the last updated date is 01/16/04 so does it mean that receipt notice was sent on that day or some officer has opened it to process the case ? as there is no activity till date.

what does it mean???

I register for this. According to it, my I140 case was last updated on 04/02/04. RFE was replied on Feb4th 2004 and I485 ND:2/13/2004. EAD/AP approved on 4/16/04..

any correlation for I140 last updated time??

Re: When does one..

I think when ever it is touched.

Originally posted by titu
.. receive the email with case status update. Is it only when a case is approved or whenever it is touched.

Thanks / titu

Moderator please post this information as a public service announcement

To the moderators of this group,
It would be great if you'll could post this new USCIS service as a pubblic service announcement in this forum. It will help a lot of people who are now seeing the same old bland message. However, I hope it is not an half-baked information over-load.

Thanks

Hi

Hi registrationid,
Thank you very much for sharing this nice info & link. Accordingly i created my personal passport and added all my case#s incluing the dependents cases too. Now i am able to view all cases statuses with one login.
Good luck to you on your GC process.

Regards,
kvrp.

I-140 approved

Hi,
I am posting this news in this thread to inform other folks that what a good job "registration id" did to find out this site and inform people like us.
I am not sure but could be the first person to get an email message from "USCIS-CSSO" sub: Case status information for receipt number LIN040695****

and the email stated like this (actual cut and paste below)

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN040695****

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 23, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I informed my lawyer about this news before they could even sense it.

I posted my approval news is another thread also so please forgive me seniors.

Wish you all I-140 filers "Best of Luck"

Thanks
venkat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi VM1214, What is the from e-mail address for the e-mail you recieved from USCIS? Please post the complete e-mail address. Thanks.

Re: I-140 approved

Venkat,

It's good news...........at any time don't release confidential message like your LIN#..etc.

You know my corporation not released my LIN# so far. Blindly waiting for approval, recently my corp autttttttttttorney replied for RFE.

Originally posted by vm1214
Hi,
I am posting this news in this thread to inform other folks that what a good job "registration id" did to find out this site and inform people like us.
I am not sure but could be the first person to get an email message from "USCIS-CSSO" sub: Case status information for receipt number LIN0406952266

and the email stated like this (actual cut and paste below)

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN0406952266

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 23, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I informed my lawyer about this news before they could even sense it.

I posted my approval news is another thread also so please forgive me seniors.

Wish you all I-140 filers "Best of Luck"

Thanks
venkat

Re: Re: I-140 approved

Originally posted by bcis
Venkat,

It's good news...........at any time don't release confidential message like your LIN#..etc.

You know my corporation not released my LIN# so far. Blindly waiting for approval, recently my corp autttttttttttorney replied for RFE.

BCIS,
Thanks for your advise can you remove it from you quote as I did it in mine

thanks

Hi Venkat, What is the from e-mail address for the e-mail you recieved from USCIS? Please post the complete e-mail address. Thanks.