A ND12/00\'s worry about I-94

bee

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I\'m a RD11/00 ND12/00,waiting for I485 approval. I have a question about my I-94. I had it with my passport but last time when I went to Bahamas the officers at the custom took it away and didn\'t gave me a new one. So now I don\'t have any I-94, but I realized I need it at so many occasions especially for travel. What should I do? Do I still need it after I get the I485 approval? Thanx a lot for any advices.

Bee

No Title

This may be a serious problem,it is better for you to immediately contact INS about this. As per records you may out of country and your presence here may be treated as illegal entry.

This is a major problem

Your I485 approval might get delayed because of this I-94 problem.
 Please contact your attorney immediately.

My cut on this.....

If they took it at arrival(since you\'re saying customs) and you have a copy of the same, you should be fine....
Still check with a lawyer.....

No Title

May be it is better that you tell INS that you lost I-94 and ask for another one (if you were issued I-94 at the time of coming back from Bahamas and it was taken by customs when coming out of airport in US)

I-94 should not be a problem.

My two cents.

When I entered US, through Canada, after stamping my H-1, (i.e. after F-1), they took my old I-94. They issued a new I-94 and charged me for that. I think it was $25 per person. It was very weired for me that INS officer charging me for I-94.
I made some investigation after that. They told me since your old I-94 expired, as I was on Practical Training, hence they have to reissue a new one with a cost associated with it. I learned lot more about I-94 then.

INS keeps a record of I-94 when you enter into US. But it does not get updated until, you are checked again, by way of leaving or entering once again into US. Hence I-94 is a record document for your own sake.

Hence, if you have a copy of your old I-94 and a stamp on your passport that you visited that country and left on a particular day. then that is enough. You need to furnish that information when asked. Otherwise you can wait until, you leave the country ( when you do not require your I-94 ; I don\'t know Now what is the procedure )and on your return, you will be issued a new one.

So do not panic, relax .

Check your lawyer

Hi
  Check your lawyer. In the wrost case i guess 245(i) can be used. (which will cost you 1000$)

No Title

Thanx a lot for all you guys.
As far as I remembered, this was what happened: They collected my
passport(with my I-94) at the time when left for the cruise and
returned it to me when I was on the ship. When I returned, at the
custom, the officer asked me for my H-1 visa and passport, and let me
in. I didn\'t realize my I-94 was taken after a few weeks and didn\'t
know that\'s a problem. When I was filing my I-485 last Nov., I told my
lawer about this, He said it\'s not a problem and went ahead filed my
application. I did my fingerprint in April.
I just hope everything it\'s gonna be OK. You guys make me feel
supported. Thank