A must read for everybody. About Interview call

rajofboston

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
There is a pattern about the interview call. If you apply for EAD with the apllication of 485, you don\'t get a interview call. All/most of them who later apply for EAD ( like go to Boston office and get it) get the interview call. All of you who have applied for your EAD later on will get a interview call. If this statement does not make sense please bring on the examples but I for myself have seen this in more than 10 cases.

What do u think of this guys?

Not true.

I know at least one case who was approved without RFE, although EAD was applied lateron.

Please do not try sensational postings.

No Title

Every one from my company goes to Boston-INS to get EAD.
I never heard of any interviews from any one.
I know couple of friends who got approvals with out interview after getting EAD by walk in

No Title

I think rajofboston\'s point has its merit. If you apply for an EAD with I-485 or if you apply for an EAD not long after you get your receipt, you have the slightest chance to get an RFE or interview. However, if you apply for an EAD at a later time such as ten months after you filed I-485 and at the same time your H1B is still valid for another year, you are highly likely to get RFE or/and interview. The logic is simple, if you apply early, the odds of you wanting to use EAD to work for another company is relatively low; if you apply after 180 days and you have a valid H1B or your company just announced layoffs, you have a better chance to intend to use the EAD to work for another company. Of course, this is not an absolute rule and this rule does not filter out people who got laid-off but never applied for EAD. Ask the people who get RFEs or interviews, most of them have this or that problem. INS is not that stupid.

No Title

I don\'t think this is true. My ND was Dec 2000. I applied for EAD in July 2001, 7 months after the ND. My EAD was approved in 2 months and my 485 got approved in Oct without any RFE or Interview.

Many of my other friends also did the same. In fact, I think the chances of getting an RFE for an Employment letter and pay stubs is lowered if you apply for EAD later, through your company lawyers, since INS will know that you are still with the same company!

So this theory does not hold true. Just my 2cents worth of thoughts!

This is not a true, They call for the interview for the others issues such arrest, FBI or tax record

This is not a true, They call for the interview for the others issues such arrest, FBI or tax records or if the your company has not reliable reputation

applied EAD after 8 months and got approval

filed I-485 in feb 2001 ,, went to INS-boston for EAD in sept 2001 , spouse lost EAD,, got new EAD
case approved jan 4, 2002 -NO RFE ,, used Birth certificate from consulate , got my approval notice today

all depends on a case to case basis

just my 2 cents

Yes it is true!

Yes it is true! Some of my friends applied EAD later but not with 485, They got the RFE regarding their Job status, So I think there is some chances for RFE, the people who applied EAD later

RFE and EAD relationship

I think this might be true. I know of a case where the guy applied for EAD after 485 and got an RFE although I do not know of a case where EAD was applied with 485 and did not get an RFE.

I think it could be anybody\'s guess as to you get RFE/interview or not.