• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A little problem after the interview.

mimib

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have a litle problem if someone has an idea please help.
I had my dv lottery interview and everything went well, the consular officer told my husband and I that everything went well except one problem. My husband and I didnt bring in our prrof of the wedding so the consular oficer told us that he cant finalize our visas until we send our photos by email.They kept our passports at the embassy.I have sent in the photos by email but 10 days later I still havent heard anything from them. I also called but they said that they dont accept phone calls only by email. Is this normal or should I be worried. Anything would be helpful. Thank you in advance and good luck to all.

I would suggest that you keep following up the matter via e-mail.

Didn't you submit a marriage certificate at your interview?

Embassies normally demand photographic proof if you don't submit a marriage certificate or if they think the marriage certificate is fake or the wedding was a sham. Its somewhat a complicated matter and they normally use their own judgement so I can only guess in this case.

I would suggest that you keep following up the matter via e-mail.

Didn't you submit a marriage certificate at your interview?

Embassies normally demand photographic proof if you don't submit a marriage certificate or if they think the marriage certificate is fake or the wedding was a sham. Its somewhat a complicated matter and they normally use their own judgement so I can only guess in this case.

No I gave them my marriage certificate and they believed me they just asked me to send them wedding pictures.

Hello everyone,

I have a litle problem if someone has an idea please help.
I had my dv lottery interview and everything went well, the consular officer told my husband and I that everything went well except one problem. My husband and I didnt bring in our prrof of the wedding so the consular oficer told us that he cant finalize our visas until we send our photos by email.They kept our passports at the embassy.I have sent in the photos by email but 10 days later I still havent heard anything from them. I also called but they said that they dont accept phone calls only by email. Is this normal or should I be worried. Anything would be helpful. Thank you in advance and good luck to all.

I think you should track your visa process.

Similar happened to us too, we were asked to provide an american address where our GC will be sent, the consul kept our passports. Our interview was held on 10th April, they issued the visas on the 17th and we received them only on the 23rd April. So it takes a while, dont worry. You can check on state.gov webpage:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Hope that helps. Good luck.

I think you should track your visa process.

Similar happened to us too, we were asked to provide an american address where our GC will be sent, the consul kept our passports. Our interview was held on 10th April, they issued the visas on the 17th and we received them only on the 23rd April. So it takes a while, dont worry. You can check on state.gov webpage:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply and congrats.
So you are saying that it is normal its taking so long?
I check like everyday on that site ansd it always says adminisrative processing.
one more question? when they approved your visas did they send you an email or did they call you on the phone?

Thank you for your reply and congrats.
So you are saying that it is normal its taking so long?
I check like everyday on that site ansd it always says adminisrative processing.
one more question? when they approved your visas did they send you an email or did they call you on the phone?

I`m not sure if they gonna email you or not. I got an email one week later I sent my missing detail, saying my visa should be issued that week. It was a Monday, and a few days later I saw on that website our visas has been ISSUED. I checked in every 2 hours :D Next week Tuesday we received our passports back with the visa in them. SO it took 2 weeks for us to get them back.

If they took your passports, dont worry, the visa has been granted, you`ll get it soon. They dont rush, you only need to be patient.