A LETTER BY MISTAKE!! Please help asap

mpacnj

Registered Users (C)
My husband has his case pending with the INS since more than 2 years now, and it is stuck because of the name check. We're getting the normal enquiries done through the Congressman, Senator, Ombudsman.

But have just today encountered the most wierd thing ever.
My husband has recieved a letter today from the USCIS Cherry Hill, scheduling his interview for 29th June 2004!!!

Its so wierd, he's recieving a letter for 29th june 2004 on 24th April 2005!!!
We can't understand what all this is about. Has anyone ever encountered such a thing before, please help us solve the mystery.

(His interview happened 2 years ago, and he was given a letter of recommended for approval).

mpacnj said:
My husband has his case pending with the INS since more than 2 years now, and it is stuck because of the name check. We're getting the normal enquiries done through the Congressman, Senator, Ombudsman.

But have just today encountered the most wierd thing ever.
My husband has recieved a letter today from the USCIS Cherry Hill, scheduling his interview for 29th June 2004!!!

Its so wierd, he's recieving a letter for 29th june 2004 on 24th April 2005!!!
We can't understand what all this is about. Has anyone ever encountered such a thing before, please help us solve the mystery.

(His interview happened 2 years ago, and he was given a letter of recommended for approval).
Simple,
Look at the postmark on the envelope. If it's postmarked recently, then the USCIS made a mistake 2004 instead of 2005. If not, then the letter was lost in the mail for over a year!

The postmark is april 2005 only. Infact, the letter also has a handwritten date of 21st April 2005 and my husband's A#.

The rest is all printed.

I can't understand it at all.

Besides, since he was recommended for approval in the first interview itself, why would they need a second one. I am sure the case would've been diff if it was, decision could not be made at this time. But its not that also.

USCIS will drive most of its would be citizens mad, before they get their citizenship.

mpacnj said:
The postmark is april 2005 only. Infact, the letter also has a handwritten date of 21st April 2005 and my husband's A#.

The rest is all printed.

I can't understand it at all.

Besides, since he was recommended for approval in the first interview itself, why would they need a second one. I am sure the case would've been diff if it was, decision could not be made at this time. But its not that also.

USCIS will drive most of its would be citizens mad, before they get their citizenship.
It all makes sense now, since he had his interview over 2 years ago, everything got expired, the fingerprinting, and the interview as well. The FBI namecheck took too long, and everything in the past have been expried. Now, your husband has to go through a new interview, and will be notified after that for a fingerprinting "i think", then get the oath. It seems like your husband just got his name cleared.

Expired interview?

How do you know the interview is expired? I've never heard about something like that.

Expired Interview!!!

Ya, I've never heard of an expired interview either. Although my husband has had his fingerprinting twice because the fingerprints expired once. So he was called again June 2004 for re-fingerprinting.

But even that letter particularly mentioned that he's been called for re-fingerprinting and had a brief explaination why so.

But this letter we recieved, has nothing like a re-interview mention or anything. Infact its the very normal first interview letter kind. It has that usual format of "Your naturalisation application has been recieved and you're being called for interview" something.

Besides, what is all the thing about the mistaken date!!
Has anyone got a wierd mistaken date letter of this kind ever!!

OH GOD, help people being torchered by the USCIS

mpacnj said:
Ya, I've never heard of an expired interview either. Although my husband has had his fingerprinting twice because the fingerprints expired once. So he was called again June 2004 for re-fingerprinting.

But even that letter particularly mentioned that he's been called for re-fingerprinting and had a brief explaination why so.

But this letter we recieved, has nothing like a re-interview mention or anything. Infact its the very normal first interview letter kind. It has that usual format of "Your naturalisation application has been recieved and you're being called for interview" something.

Besides, what is all the thing about the mistaken date!!
Has anyone got a wierd mistaken date letter of this kind ever!!

OH GOD, help people being torchered by the USCIS
Sorry i tried to help.

Thanks for your help Sony.

I really appreciate.

Its precisely such help I'm looking from people like you, that would help me understand what all the confusion is all about.
Your opinion about the case, has really got me thinking in that direction.

Your opinions will always be eagerly awaited, and warmly welcomed.

Regards.