A Home Mortgage Question

Gabriel69

Do you think that we ( AOS status guys ) are not eligible for low rates like US residents and citizens?
If so please let me know. I am planning to buy a house and have also given a offer to house in my area. One of my friends who is H1 and other who is in AOS got the same rate like anybody else with not discrimination whatsoever.
Can you please clarigy more on this?

Sbjami,

Absolutely! As a matter of fact much of the liquidity of the mortgage market has been fueled in recent years form immigrants like you and I. Much like any commodity, pricing and mortgage rates are dictated by the dynamics of supply and demand in any area. Where I live in San Jose, CA for example and due to the huge culture mix we enjoy, most lenders tend to offer very competitive rates for a wide range of lawful residents. I would suggest you contact a broker affiliated with National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB) in your area. I could certainly help you here in San Jose and recommend other members throughout California

Rgrds,

G

Gabriel is right. No need to lie on your application, and it could possibly bite you later on. If you tell them your immigration status, and they are not satisified, just find another lender who will accept your status and give you a good rate. There are sooooooooooooooo many lenders out there.