• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A few DV-2010 questions

If you need more space just attach an extra page with the persons name on it and the CN in the upper right corner.

Guys i thought the time a green card holder can stay outside USA is 6 months maximum. Has this changed to 1 year recently?
Has not change. But keep in mind, if you stay longer than 6 month outside the U.S. your 5 year waiting period for citizenship starts from zero.

Hi,
Sorry to drop in this thread but it is very close to my case so i hope i will get the answers with your help.
On 25 may 2009 i got NL for Europe, it is on my wife's name as applicant.
We have 2 year kid, does any body knows how to perform the signing of the ds-230 form. Should me and my wife put our signatures?
And also 8 year ago i was in US on J-1 (student excange visa), so i have to fullfill the field 25 from DS-230 "List of previous visits in the United States", the question is that there is column: "Give DHS "A" number" where should i look for this number.
Also is there any limitation on the type of mail service that could be used, for Example, DHL, TNT or should be regular mail service.
Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
hi brothers I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

Hi,
Sorry to drop in this thread but it is very close to my case so i hope i will get the answers with your help.

1. On 25 may 2009 i got NL for Europe, it is on my wife's name as applicant.
We have 2 year kid, does any body knows how to perform the signing of the ds-230 form. Should me and my wife put our signatures?

2. And also 8 year ago i was in US on J-1 (student excange visa), so i have to fullfill the field 25 from DS-230 "List of previous visits in the United States", the question is that there is column: "Give DHS "A" number" where should i look for this number.
Also is there any limitation on the type of mail service that could be used, for Example, DHL, TNT or should be regular mail service.
Thanks in advance,
Miro Kostov.

On the 1st question, I think the person who completed the form for the child is the best to sign for the child. In your case, the one whose name is on item number 34 of the form DS-230 (preferably one of the parents).

This is what I received from KCC on that question:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Each applicant must personally sign his/her own forms. However, if a child is not capable of signing the forms themselves due to age limitations, either parent may sign the form on their behalf.

KCC/rch
Public Inquiry
Serco Inc./ Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov

2nd question, exchange students are not giving DHS numbers whilst in the US. Put "N/A" to the column that ask you to "Give DHS "A" number".

I hope this helps.

hi brothers I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

You have to get a police report from any country that you have spent 6 or more months. It is compulsory to have it.

What if you have stayed in USA for more than 6 months? Do you still need to provide a police certificate?

Hey guys, I have an answer regarding my previous post for those interested.

I earlier asked:
Do you guys know if I should send to both the KCC and the French US Embassy the various forms (specifically the DS-230)?
Like I said above, a specific French packet was also inside the NL saying like:
Congratulations! Your initial visa applications processing at U.S. Embassy, Paris has been completed. Please follow the instructions below to continue your application process.
[...]
Step One: Complete form DS-230 Part I for each visa applicant and return the completed forms to our office by mail

I also received the DV-2010 letter from KCC saying like to fill the DS-230 (both parts) and the DS-122, and send this with photos to the KCC.

Now I'm unsure of what to do. If I should send to both "centers" the forms (given that I'll have to print other DS-230 forms), only the French US Embassy or only the KCC.

I first contacted the KCC asking what I was supposed to do.
I received a somewhat-generic answer:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The following should be sent to KCC to begin the processing of your case:

· DSP 122 completed for the principal applicant

· DS 230 Part I completed for all family members applying for a Diversity Visa

· DS 230 Part II completed for all family members applying for a Diversity Visa

·One (1) passport size full face photograph for each family member applying for a Diversity Visa

Any additional documents may be sent to KCC with your forms, or you may take those with you to the DV interview appointment.

Basically it seemed as if they thought I was asking what I should send to the KCC, so nothing new here.

Anyway, I then contacted the U.S. Embassy of Paris, asking what they thought I should do and what was up with that letter of them.
They answered the following:

Dear Sir,

You must respond to the Kentucky Center and send them the appropriate Forms dully filled out as stated on the instructions. We do not handle the Diversity lottery cases prior to receiving them at post for the final interviews. The instructions are standard procedure.

We hope that this information is helpful.

Seems as if I'm sending my forms to the KCC after all.

As for the letter from the U.S. Embassy, looks like it will remain a mystery...

One last question regarding the NL:

Are we obligated/Is it better to use the forms in the NL?
Meaning, I used the official DS-230 (and 122) .pdf available on their website, filled them and then printed (and dated/signed) them.
Given that the online DS-230 form is more recent than the one in the NL (march vs february), what do you guys think?
Does it make any real difference?
Is it "bad" that I printed the DS-230 form instead of using the one in the NL?

It doesn't matter which form you are using. Use the old crap the sent you, thats fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter which from you are using. Use the old crap the sent you, thats fine :)

Well that's the problem: their file is crap. :D
What I did to obtain a "cleaner" version of the DS-230 is that I used the ones from their website (pdf), and on my computer filled in the info, instead of printing it and writing on it. ;)