• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A drama or a dream

immano

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys, we thank God for the greater things He is doing in our lives. And happy for you guys especially my good friends ammeck and Donkay.

After my painful esperience I had to go through to get a sponsor for the interview, things haven't been straight forward as expected at all.

During the day of the interview, ie on the 7th sept, we didn't spend much time at the embassy. The consular Officer call us(my wife & I) to the counter and told us that he will interview us separately to be sure of our relationship as couple because we got married after the electronic application was made. So he took turns to interview us. By God's grace, the answers I provided to his questions were the same answers my wife also provided. So the three of us were happy at that moment. He then gave us a green piece of paper bearring our names and asked us to appear on the 17th of Sept. for our visas.

My wife is a health worker and due to her tight schedule at work, we asked him if one person could return on the said date to pick up the visas and the officer replied yes.

So on the said date I got there to pick up the visas. The same officer called and told me that I need to bring my wife back again because he's gotten some few more basic questions for my wife to answer. The 17th was friday so on the Momday 20th, we came back to the embassy and after calling my wife and talking to her alone, he told us that they are done with us and that they will call us on phone later. Meanwhile at this time, he didn't give us any chit nor sheet and even our passports and other documents are with them.

So I often ask myself: Is this a drama or a dream?
My worry is that we have about 4 working days to end the whole show and there is no concrete conclusion yet.

So I want to know from you guys: Has this ever happened to anyone of you or somebody you know? That after series of such interviews the embassy didn't give any exact date but rather called the person on phone to come for the visa or......what?

Don't forget to also pray me. Thanks to you all

Hello guys, we thank God for the greater things He is doing in our lives. And happy for you guys especially my good friends ammeck and Donkay.

After my painful esperience I had to go through to get a sponsor for the interview, things haven't been straight forward as expected at all.

During the day of the interview, ie on the 7th sept, we didn't spend much time at the embassy. The consular Officer call us(my wife & I) to the counter and told us that he will interview us separately to be sure of our relationship as couple because we got married after the electronic application was made. So he took turns to interview us. By God's grace, the answers I provided to his questions were the same answers my wife also provided. So the three of us were happy at that moment. He then gave us a green piece of paper bearring our names and asked us to appear on the 17th of Sept. for our visas.

My wife is a health worker and due to her tight schedule at work, we asked him if one person could return on the said date to pick up the visas and the officer replied yes.

So on the said date I got there to pick up the visas. The same officer called and told me that I need to bring my wife back again because he's gotten some few more basic questions for my wife to answer. The 17th was friday so on the Momday 20th, we came back to the embassy and after calling my wife and talking to her alone, he told us that they are done with us and that they will call us on phone later. Meanwhile at this time, he didn't give us any chit nor sheet and even our passports and other documents are with them.

So I often ask myself: Is this a drama or a dream?
My worry is that we have about 4 working days to end the whole show and there is no concrete conclusion yet.

So I want to know from you guys: Has this ever happened to anyone of you or somebody you know? That after series of such interviews the embassy didn't give any exact date but rather called the person on phone to come for the visa or......what?

Don't forget to also pray me. Thanks to you all

Hi Immano, I'm really touched by your experience. You'll be called before the Sept fades out, trust in the Most High. The foundation laid by Him cannot be put into destruction. You feel dejected and miserable, but you'll happily laugh in the end. Yes, only four working days left, but I have the conviction that you will surely be called. Go onto your knees, petition this distasteful encounter to God, and He will never let u down. I am with u in prayers as well. We wait unto you Lord, make a way for us! Don't let our enemies mock and laugh at us, for our Deliverer is You. Immano, it's done in Jesus' name, Amen! Peace! Benniit

immano,
what were the questions they asked your wife on 20th? that will give you a clue as to what may be happening.

immano,
what were the questions they asked your wife on 20th? that will give you a clue as to what may be happening.

She was asked about the names and number of her siblings, whether or not she had ever traveled outside the country with a different passport and also the name of all other places she had lived before marriage. That was all the officer asked and the 2nd interview lasted only 5mins.

Hello my friens I faced the same situation before few days, because I also get maried after I win, but I get the visa and I know you will get it too, and we all pray for you, really I feel in the couple few days you will share with us your happiness I really pray for you my brother

Well I supose that embassy is checking you ,since you married after you won so ,they probably checking you out ,your stories .Embassy Clearense ,(verification) but if you didnt lie dont worry ,you R good.

- I have issue: -November 4 is my interview , I could 'nt find sponsor in US,what my chances are ,I am from Kosovo,I have around 6000 €?
I am single ? please reply anyone fast

She was asked about the names and number of her siblings, whether or not she had ever traveled outside the country with a different passport and also the name of all other places she had lived before marriage. That was all the officer asked and the 2nd interview lasted only 5mins.

immano,
don't worry. you should be fine. since you have very little time left, call them monday to check on the status.

Hi immano congratulations in advance.The green card is already yours,you are going to the embassy to pick up you and your spouse passports with the visas in Jesus name.Those who trust in the LORD shall never be ashame.Come back here with your success story.You are a success,stay blessed.

Best wishes to Immano!

Hi Immano, i really feel for you. I hope your fate will be decided before the window closes. Simply have faith in God as he will finish the job. Am in the process of going into same procedures you recently passed through ( a selectee for dv 2011) therefore i will like to know some of the questions you were asked particularly as a couple. Your shared experience would be appreciated by all couples' selectees. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Immano, i really feel for you. I hope your fate will be decided before the window closes. Simply have faith in God as he will finish the job. Am in the process of going into same procedures you recently passed through ( a selectee for dv 2011) therefore i will like to know some of the questions you were asked particularly as a couple. Your shared experience would be appreciated by all couples' selectees. Hope to hear from you soon.

Well my friend, from my experience and experience of other couples there are no specific questions they use to ask couples. Even how both of you will appear at the interview can give them a line of question for you. They don't have any rehearsed questions f or couples. The questions are always basic. So provided you're not lying and you're really couples, you will not find any difficulties answering them at all.

In our case, we're interviewed separately. He asked me how long have we married. Then he took our album, went through the wedding pictures and asked me to identify some people he pointed in the picture. He also asked how I met my wife and proposed to her, the occupation of her father and other yes and no questions. So after that, the officer called my wife and asked her the same set of questions he had asked me earlier and it was cool without any fumbling.
So my friend, all is about knowing yourselves and telling the truth.
All the best!

Immano thanks! I appreciate your kind response. Am eager to hear your testimony on your pending case. I see a positive outcome. Goodluck!