A couple of questions on GC renewal I-90

Alan in SF

First if all, thanks for creating and maintaining this forum! This is a fantastic service and much appreciated.

I am applying for my Green Card renewal using an I-90 form. My card runs out in 6 months.

I've seen others ask about Part 3, a few ambiguous questions that could be worded better. I realize I may be asking the same questions so I apologize, but I want to get this right.

3) Location you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
-I applied for a K1 (fiance) visa at the Auckland NZ consulate
-I was made a permanent unconditional resident at the San Francisco INS

Which is correct?

4) Location where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted

I presume this is San Francisco?

5a) Destination in United States at time of admission

Not much room to write so I'm unsure what they want - the address I lived at when I moved here, or just "San Francisco"?

5a1) Port of Entry where admitted to the United States

I came in through Los Angeles then on to San Francisco so I presume I reply Los Angeles?

Thank you again for any advice you can lend me, and for this service.

Alan Clarkson-Dodds.

First if all, thanks for creating and maintaining this forum! This is a fantastic service and much appreciated.

I am applying for my Green Card renewal using an I-90 form. My card runs out in 6 months.

I've seen others ask about Part 3, a few ambiguous questions that could be worded better. I realize I may be asking the same questions so I apologize, but I want to get this right.

3) Location you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
-I applied for a K1 (fiance) visa at the Auckland NZ consulate
-I was made a permanent unconditional resident at the San Francisco INS

Which is correct?
You did not get an immigrant visa. You entered on K1 (a nonimmigrant visa) and went through Adjustment of Status. It's asking for the place you were when you did adjustment of status, the process by which you became a (conditional) permanent resident. It is also not asking about Removal of Conditions, which happened later.

4) Location where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted

I presume this is San Francisco?
same as above

5a) Destination in United States at time of admission

Not much room to write so I'm unsure what they want - the address I lived at when I moved here, or just "San Francisco"?

5a1) Port of Entry where admitted to the United States

I came in through Los Angeles then on to San Francisco so I presume I reply Los Angeles?
Part 3 #5 is only for if you got an immigrant visa. You went through Adjustment of Status, so you should skip these.

Aaah - that's the part of the puzzle I didn't understand, that my Visa was nonimmigrant.

Thank you so much for your help, I could have screwed that up easily without it!

Hi! I have a question too regarding my gc renewal. I was deported back in 1986 for overstaying my visitors visa. My father was also apprehended but he voluntarily left the US. My parents opted for me to be deported because at that time, they didn't have money. My father later on was petitioned by my sister and had gotten his US Citizenship, but unfortunately, he died a few years back. I do not have any records of the deportation. I came back to the US after more than 10 years of being out because my mother died. I applied for a visitors visa and luckily was approved even though I put in the application that I was previously deported and my prior visitors visa was revoked. I got an H1B visa and eventually got my greencard. On the I-485 application, our lawyer answered yes on the question of Have you been ordered removed or deported. Long story short, my greencard was approved after the interview at the field office by the District Adjudication Office and nothing was asked regarding my previous deportation. My lawyer even told the DAO that we thought the reason for the interview was because of the deportation but the DAO said NO and that was not an issue.

Now, I need to renew my greencard and again I answered YES on the question regarding deportation. On the attachment, I just copied basically what was on the I-485. It was a two line item about the deporation. My question is for those experts out there.

1) Should I be worried that my gc renewal be denied?
2) If they ask me for documents related to the deportation, what can I give them and how can I get it?
3) What are the chances that USCIS take back my permanent residency and ask me to go back home?

I am worried because I have a house that I pay a mortgage and my kids are in college here. I have a very good job and I pay a lot of taxes.

I apologize for this post. I know it is all over the place.

Thanks for all your inputs.