A chinese(ND:3/6/00) has been approved.

No Title

"TWDad", looks like you know a lot about those women, maybe somehow you are related to them ... Please again, take political issue somewhere else. old man. I will stop right here, sorry for other people.

No Title

Hi Folks,
I want to focus on I-485 only, but as a Chinese, I want make myself clear. "Taiwanese" are Chinese from Taiwan, and Taiwan is part of China. We use same languge.The government in Taiwan, escaped from mainland of China to Taiwan oringinaly.

No Title

Just try to make a few points if I may,

1) Taiwan, Hong Kong and the mainland China each have different quota in INS, although they are all Chinese in ethnic/cultural term;

2) Taiwan was separated from the mainland China first by the Japan-China war (in which China lost) and then the civil war. There is a painful memory involved for both sides, which is why people often reacted in an over-sensitive manner;

3) It\'s your personal choice how to call yourself, be it Taiwanese, HongKongnese or Shanghainese or Californian, but if you decide to immigrate to this country (US), I suggest you to leave those political and historical hatred behind and try to make a whole new life here.

No Title

TerryA:
From your post, you seem to misunderstand a point. Very recently some heavy-weight "Taiwanese" claimed that "confort women" were willingly serve the Japanese army during WWII to earn glory etc.

What\'s your comments on that?

No Title

Sorry for the extra bandwidth.

If any TW scum brings up the topic again, there can be only one truth.

Taiwan has never been a country so it used to be piece of crap.

Without Japanese or Chinese help during past 100 years, it would remain piece of crap.

It is either part of Japan or part of Chinese, but will only be decided by a war. If it tries on its own, the consequence will be a piece of crap.

Independence never comes free. No ID 4 Tw.

Thanks for Samba\'s good work. Go Samba!

No Title

TWDad,

My previous message was for you too. I understand your feeling but please try to be cool and calm.