A bit confused about Receipt Number

DJdeMarco

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for my wife's N400 via CA service Center. We live in Reno, NV so Reno office is our local office.

If I understand correctly, application is suppose to move from CA Service Center to Reno Office. I have received a receipt as well a finger print letter which has a receipt/case number. For some reason, I have never been able to check the care status using that number. It always states that it is an invalid receipt number. What gives?

Also, my wife's purse was stolen and her GC was in it as well. We replaced her GC before applying for N400 which resulted in name check. When we went in to get finger printed for N400, they said it is already done because finger prints are valid for over a year (we had it done less than two month before N400).

I have been trying to get information info pass to find out what is going on but it keeps telling me there are not appointment times availalbe in that office. Is there a phone number I can call to talk with someone? I tried the number on the receipt but it is all automated.

One last thing, I checked N400 processing dates for Reno office and it seems between Feb 08 and March 08, they went backwards one month (From July 07 to June 07). How is this possible?

phew,,,, now its all out...:eek: Thanks for any help.

a lot of receipt numbers appear as invalid online. that does not mean a thing. mine never appeared online and i can check the status of my application only when i call the 1800 number and get to talk to an IO.
also, it is true that you wife's fingerprints were still valid cause she had them done in less than a year (2 months in you case). you may call the 1800 number to check on the status of you case.

a lot of receipt numbers appear as invalid online. that does not mean a thing. mine never appeared online and i can check the status of my application only when i call the 1800 number and get to talk to an IO.
also, it is true that you wife's fingerprints were still valid cause she had them done in less than a year (2 months in you case). you may call the 1800 number to check on the status of you case.

Thank you for your reply. I tried calling to check the status but the phone system did not find it either. Also, is "Application Number" same as receipt number? Also, for some reason I am unable to get to live people using the phone. All I get is automated system and no way to get by it.

Thanks.

I believe that the number sequence to get an operator online is 1,2,6,0. Since they won't be able to locate your case online, ask to be transferred to an IO (immigration officer).

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months. Since your wife replaced her GC 2 months prior to filing for naturalization, her FPs are still valid, which is why she didn't need to take new ones.