• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

90 days waiting before applying for AOS?

chooti

Registered Users (C)
My husband is a DV 2010 winner and we plan to apply for AOS. He is currently a full time student on F1 and he plans to extend his I-20 (which expires in May 2010) before sending the AOS package to USCIS. Someone mentioned that we have to wait 90 days between extending I-20 and filing for AOS. I searched online for any information regarding this but could not find relevant information. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, can you please point me to additional information regarding this matter? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My husband is a DV 2010 winner and we plan to apply for AOS. He is currently a full time student on F1 and he plans to extend his I-20 (which expires in May 2010) before sending the AOS package to USCIS. Someone mentioned that we have to wait 90 days between extending I-20 and filing for AOS. I searched online for any information regarding this but could not find relevant information. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, can you please point me to additional information regarding this matter? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It is not true. U can file the next day after extending ur I-20

Thanks

Hi chooti,

I am dv 2014. I don't know if you are going to receive this message. I have the same situation that your husband had. What did he do? Did he extend his I-20?

If any one know similar cases, please share it here.

Thanks